lighting my yzf400

5 replies to this topic
  • bansheefreak

Posted October 06, 2004 - 05:57 PM

what do i need to do to my yzf400 motor to be able to run lights??? i have it in an atv and like to ride at night in the dunes...

• Motoman_AZ

Posted October 07, 2004 - 02:52 PM

There isn't an easy (cheap) solution for the YZF.

http://www.rickystat...ng systems.html
http://www.bajadesigns.com/

and there are a few others. The YZFs don't have a stator in them to support battery and lighting. You have to buy the conversion stator and a lighting kits. Which makes the price double of other bikes.

Let me know if you find a kit under $500 for everything.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 07, 2004 - 05:29 PM

You need to call www.electrexusa.com For $300 you get a wr stator and flywheel that will work with the yz CDI. All you then need is a headlight and voltage regulator. Maybe $100 for both. The stator puts out 130 watts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bansheefreak

Posted October 07, 2004 - 07:54 PM

well i'm not looking to spend 500 bucks for lights... so i have a spot for a mc battery ,,, how long do you think lights would last on a battery with no charging system????

• bansheefreak

Posted October 18, 2004 - 08:57 PM

bump

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 19, 2004 - 07:59 AM

I really wouldn't go the way of the batery. If there is any way possible go with the lighting coil. It is so much better in hte long run. I tried to go the cheep way before I got this coil and ended up with the wr setup. Look around sometimes you can find them used here or on e-bay.

And new it wouldnt be $500 for the stator/flywheel/headlight/voltage regualator. Probably just under $400. and if you shop around for a used stator/flywheel maybe you can stay under $300

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.