I need Bark Busters, but which ones?????

6 replies to this topic
  • james_gt

Posted May 14, 2002 - 11:03 AM

I have a race coming up and I smashed up my old bars and handguards with them. I was wondering which ALUMINUM handguards to buy. I was looking at enduro engineering but they are a bit pricey an also the moose. I want ones that you don't need to cut the levers (they claim you dont have to with enduro eng.). Thanx for any help. Please, all replies are welcome, yamaha or not. Thanx.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted May 14, 2002 - 01:06 PM

I have Maier aluminum guards with Enduro Engineering plastics. The Maiers are only $26 (I think) at Chapparall and the plastics are about $25. Both have worked well for me, but then again I am stuck to a budget as I am a poor teacher.

• hourout

Posted May 14, 2002 - 03:56 PM

i have only run my enduro eng gards for one enduro but i am impressed. i ran aserbies and src in the past. the src were poor. later

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billyj7175

Posted May 14, 2002 - 05:14 PM

I used to run Moose barkbusters when I had my DR, and they held up very well, through two hard years of tree-bangin' in the New Jersey Pine Barrens. You could always tell which direction the trail went, by which side of the trees had all of the bark gone... :)
I just ordered a set of cycra, triple clamp mounted handguards, for my XR, but they have yet to come in. They were pretty pricey, so they had better be damn good... :D
I'll let you know when I get them installed

• Big_D

Posted May 15, 2002 - 06:03 AM

I second BillyJ's good marks on the Moose hand guards. :)

I have been running a set with very good luck. I smacked the ground two weeks ago so hard I twisted the stock bars up like a pretzel and even the weld on the cross bar. With the Moose hand guards in place I did not even brake a lever. :D

The only thing about the Moose guards is keep all of the mounting hardware they give you. The nut and rubber fuel line works in the stock bars, while the aluminum wedge nuts work in Renthals. If you have Pro Tapers or other "fat" bars make sure you get a set with the correct towers.

• Jim_Scheide

Posted May 18, 2002 - 06:38 AM

I've had good luck with Acerbis Rally Pro Brushguard!! They're aluminium with nylon plastic bonded, so they have more protection than regular bark busters. They come in Honda red, look great & don't restrict steering travel at all with a large 4.7 gal. tank. Cost is about $70.00

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted May 18, 2002 - 06:45 AM

It looks to me like Enduro Engineering makes Moose's handguards for them. If you are going this route find out which is cheaper as they are the exact same thing.

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  40 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.