K&N vs Uni air filters -XR650L

1 reply to this topic
  • bikerwannabe

Posted May 13, 2002 - 07:22 AM

Its time to upgrade my air filter on my 2002 XR650L. What I need to know is the pros and cons about the K&N vs the Unifilter. Is there a difference in performance? Do I have to rejet the carb for both? ( and what size jet ) The K&N is almost twice the Uni ,is it worth it? Anyway thanks in advance for the help. -Jon

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_Scheide

Posted May 13, 2002 - 07:46 AM

I went with the Uni Filter for my '02 650L based on input from ThumperTalk & the Baja Designs people...it's been an excellent choice...great fit & comes with a rigid aluminium internal cage...it's part of the total plan of uncorking the bike...you'll need to re-jet & open the exhaust...there's alot of posts from the past 30 days about the whole process & go to Baja Designs...they have the jet kit & everything else!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.