Adjusting your headlight for the XR650R?

11 replies to this topic

Posted October 05, 2004 - 07:19 AM

I just put in my headlight and the thing shines towards the stars. There is only two screws on the top of the headlight and 1 on the bottom. I screwed in the bottom one as far as it will go to try to get the light to shine down and it didn't work. Any ideas? How is everyone else adjusting their headlight for the XR650R?

• redmanrandyed

Posted October 05, 2004 - 07:25 AM

I cannot remember just how it works but I remember that it was bass ackwards of the way I thought it worked. I think you actually have to turn the bottom screw counter clockwise (loosen) in order to lower the headlight beam. Try turning the screw the opposite way.

Posted October 05, 2004 - 07:31 AM

Jesus I'm a idiot. :cry: That's what I get for trying to adjust it when I have a 12 pack and half a bottle of rum in me. :cry: :cry: Appreciate it

• needsprayer

Posted October 05, 2004 - 08:24 AM

Hope you didn't try to bleed your brakes. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Posted October 05, 2004 - 02:24 PM

Nah, I'm working my way up to that! :cry: :cry:

So here's my train of thought. If I screw the bottom screw in tighter that would pull the bottom of the headlight in towards the bike and make it shine down. But hey if your seeing how that would be bad logic than feel free to ed-ju-ma-kate me! :cry: :cry: :cry:

• bober

Posted October 05, 2004 - 03:57 PM

As you screw in the bottom one, screw out the top and see what happens. Something should give and you'll take notice especially if the light is on and pointed on a wall about 20 feet away. Good luck and lets us know what works best in or out

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • smashinz2002

Posted October 05, 2004 - 09:00 PM

Dude, I don't know about the headlight. Mine sucks also, never got it to point at the correct angle.
That babe is hot though, damn!
'00XR650R/uncorked/jetted/street legal

Posted October 06, 2004 - 09:12 AM

The top screws are tiny. Not much length to adjust. The bottom screw is long so you can tell that's how your supposed to adjust it. I tried both ways last night and neither worked. Think I'm going to have to put a spacer or something in there to adjust it. Got me

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted October 06, 2004 - 09:23 AM

We're guessing you are running a stock headlight....

Tighten the top 2 little screws all the way, that's what will keep your light from falling out.

By loosening (lefty loosey) the bottom Phillips it will make your light point more DOWN.
There is tons of adjustment in those things. If you are still seeing the stars then maybe it's that you have way too much sag in your rear suspension.

• JackAttack

Posted October 06, 2004 - 10:35 AM

maybe it's that you have way too much sag in your rear suspension.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Loose some weight. :cry:

Posted October 06, 2004 - 01:05 PM

:cry: :lol:smart ass! :cry: :cry:

I have my suspension dialed into my weight by precision concepts (see the sig?)so it's definately not a sag issue (not to mention I've lost 15 lbs since I had it adjusted for my weight).

This is annoying. I think I'm just going to go buy some Dual Baja Halogen lights and say f-it. :cry:

• mikekay

Posted October 06, 2004 - 09:18 PM

shell out 4 clams for the Baja Designs Tecate lights.

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.