Uni Filter oil

4 replies to this topic
  • billyj7175

Posted May 03, 2002 - 11:47 AM

Uni Filter states that you must use their filter oil and filter cleaner....anybody used anything else?

• neWRiver

Posted May 03, 2002 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, I use no-toil oil and cleaner and the filter fell apart.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • needsprayer

Posted May 03, 2002 - 02:24 PM

Don't know about the UNI filter. I am happy with the stock one. I clean it every three rides and no dirt has gotten past it into the airbox.

I used to use gasoline, outdoors and and in a shallow pan. This is not safe and it destroys the adhesive holding the two layers of the stock filter together.

Now I soak the filter with Dawn dishwashing detergent and cover with very hot water (in my stainless steel kitchen sink). I let it sit a while and then knead the foam with my fingers. I roll-up (do not twist) the filter to squeeze out the dirt. Repeat a second time and it is clean.

Let the filter dry. Spray with filter oil then roll up filter in both directions to spread oil out evenly.

This takes a little longer but works great. That's why I have two filters and do this at my leisure. No expensive treatment solutions are required.

• Jim_Scheide

Posted May 04, 2002 - 03:12 AM

Great idea with 2 filters!! That way one's always ready to go! I do that with chains too, & it spreads the use so your sprockets/chains last longer. B. Jimi

• XC800.X

Posted May 05, 2002 - 10:44 AM

I sqease varsol through it,and then rinse it repeatedly with Sunlight and warm water. :)

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  40 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  57 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.