What would you pay for thisbike.

15 replies to this topic
  • Heckler

Posted October 04, 2004 - 03:47 PM

Just getting an idea what it would go for with all the trick parts on it. Otherwise I will part it out if I decide to sell it.

.Powder coated frame
.GYTR Flywheel
.GYTR CF Frame gaurds
.Enzo Suspension w/subtanks set up for 200lb rider
.Full RG3 Tripple clamps
.Black Excel Pro wheels
.DID X-Ring chain
.SDG Gripper Seat and stock seat.
.Pro Taper Bars.
.Black hard annodized shock and fork tubes
.Ti GYTR footpegs.
.Clark 2.8 gal tank & Stock tank.
.Magura hydro clutch
.ASV folding levers
.Twin Air filtes and cage
. WB E2 Quiet pipe and Stock pipe w/PMB
. Wave Rotors
Plus more

Posted Image

• ovrrdrive

Posted October 04, 2004 - 04:05 PM

Wow, that's a great looking bike... :cry:

My experience with selling bikes though is that it doesn't really matter ( to a degree of course) what aftermarket parts you have on a bike you're selling. People want to pay the same for it as they would a stock one, and any aftermarket stuff is just icing on the cake to help them decide on yours instead of another.

I have had the best luck putting it back as close to stock as possible, and parting out the stuff. Play your cards right and you'll make more that way anyhow.

• ovrrdrive

Posted October 04, 2004 - 04:07 PM

Btw, it doesn't hurt to offer two different prices when you try to sell it either. One with the goodies, and one without. Let them decide how they want it.

• John_Lorenz

Posted October 04, 2004 - 04:11 PM

How much for da wemon?
trow in da bike I take de wemon :cry:

Larry,
you would have to sell it for 10k to get your moola back

The bike is worth what the going rate is, you may be able to find a Pavelcod type to fork out a bit more. But bottom line is the bike is worth going rate no matter what.

It is pretty das for sure

KBB says $4585 you may be able to get 5k but remember new 04's are not selling form much more then that

• yzf450jack

Posted October 04, 2004 - 04:55 PM

How come your selling your bike :cry:

• Heckler

Posted October 04, 2004 - 05:56 PM

I have not decided to sell it yet I was just getting an idea of what I could get for it. Im thinking 06 aluminum frame YZF or WR if I also ditch my valve eating CRF250X. If I keep it im going to have to do the WR trans switch.

• cowboyona426

Posted October 04, 2004 - 06:49 PM

I'd trade you straight across for my 426! Honest! :cry: I agree with the others so far, all the trick stuff won't net you much more unfortunately.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 04, 2004 - 07:06 PM

Heckler - nice bike - I would take it all apart put it back to stock, sell as stock and sell your extras for as much as you can - it is real difficult to get what you want for the bike as is.

David

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeffro426

Posted October 04, 2004 - 08:10 PM

Personally, i would put all the stock parts back on, sell the aftermarket stuff on ebay, then sell the bike. YOull probably get a bit more for it that way. The bikes already super clean, and aftermarket parts arent going to help the sale price much if at all....or, when the buyer comes to look at it, say, "for an extra X amount of dollars ill throw all this great stuff in!" :cry:

• big t

Posted October 04, 2004 - 09:14 PM

Personally, i would put all the stock parts back on, sell the aftermarket stuff on ebay, then sell the bike. YOull probably get a bit more for it that way. The bikes already super clean, and aftermarket parts arent going to help the sale price much if at all....or, when the buyer comes to look at it, say, "for an extra X amount of dollars ill throw all this great stuff in!" :cry:

I agree. :cry: After market parts don't seem to help get that much more money. It seems like the dirtbike market is slow right now unless you sell dirt cheap.

• gonzo

Posted October 05, 2004 - 03:46 AM

• yzf450jack

Posted October 05, 2004 - 03:50 PM

How much for the crf250x i might have a buyer

• steg211

Posted October 05, 2004 - 07:19 PM

It's worth more but here in S.C. probably $4600-$5000.

• brown77

Posted October 11, 2004 - 09:05 AM

would you be willing to part with the :

Full RG3 Tripple clamps
and pro tapers

I am in livermore :cry:

• bluerider450

Posted October 11, 2004 - 09:48 AM

I have not decided to sell it yet I was just getting an idea of what I could get for it. Im thinking 06 aluminum frame YZF or WR if I also ditch my valve eating CRF250X. If I keep it im going to have to do the WR trans switch.

06 yzf? how did you hear this??? :cry:

• saucebox

Posted October 13, 2004 - 12:50 PM

send me a note if you are going to part it out i'm definately interested in the black rims if you are going to put the stockers back on the bike

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.