oil filter change

25 replies to this topic
  • RingKingPin

Posted November 16, 2004 - 10:15 PM

Since someone never posted said pictures, I took it upon myself.

That someone would be me, Geoff and sorry I didn't get the pics up. The only pics I hurry to put up on TT are in the girl on dirt bike forum :cry:
Nice pics! :cry:

• HeadTrauma

Posted November 17, 2004 - 12:39 AM

I'm just glad it wasnt my bike that filter came out of. Actually I didnt expect it to have a filter at all. :cry:

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted November 17, 2004 - 11:42 AM

My oil gets changed every 300 miles 90% of the time but never more than 500 miles. I use K & N oil filters and they get replaced every time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted November 17, 2004 - 12:03 PM

Am I nuts then changing my oil every 200 miles? The oil "looks" like it needs changing when I do it. However, the cleansing properties of the oil may not have given up yet.

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted November 17, 2004 - 12:52 PM

at the 300 mile changes, my oil looks good as new, but on the couple 500 mile changes i have done.........nasty stuff. I just changed to the Motul 5100, shouldn't brake down as quick.

Posted November 17, 2004 - 09:21 PM

qadsan, What oil do you use ? I know you been on the BRP for a few more miles then most of us

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.