Weight comparison Yamaha/Honda/KTM

4 replies to this topic
  • Peter_Searle

Posted October 04, 2004 - 08:11 AM

Are the so called 'dry' weights as shown on web sites for the Yamaha WR450 (244 lb), KTM 450 EXC (250 lb 'race ready no fuel') and the Honda CRF450X (2005 model - 255 lb) correct and can they be compared as 'apples with apples'? If not do u know the true weights?

• ncmountainman

Posted October 04, 2004 - 11:52 AM

stock,oiled up and without gas my 04 wr450 weighed 269 lbs! the dry weight yamaha offers is without tires is what i understand :cry: and after serious weight removal(starter,battery alot of other uneeded junk) i've got mine down to 253 without gas alot lighter but it's still no lightweight! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrooster

Posted October 04, 2004 - 07:15 PM

i've got mine down to 253 without gas alot lighter but it's still no lightweight! :cry:

define "lightweight"... the it's-supposed-to-be-really-light honda CRF250X weighs between 253 and 267 when in ready-to-ride condition w/ gas.

see the info and pics halfway down this thread:
http://www.thumperta...Number/1403886/

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

• Peter_Searle

Posted October 05, 2004 - 02:32 AM

Thanx for the replies. I guess I am a bit obsessed by weight because I seem to be picking my bike up on the side of hills more often than others.

• ncmountainman

Posted October 05, 2004 - 09:04 AM

i've got mine down to 253 without gas alot lighter but it's still no lightweight! :cry:

define "lightweight"... the it's-supposed-to-be-really-light honda CRF250X weighs between 253 and 267 when in ready-to-ride condition w/ gas.

see the info and pics halfway down this thread:
http://www.thumperta...Number/1403886/

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f....... well let me put it this way the wr 450's weight is very apparant on the last lap of a harescrambles,even with the weight down to 253 without gas(and that is an actual weight weighed on a beam scale)this bike feels heavier than some other bikes i've ridden that were 20 lbs more! it must be thier high center. but it is way better than it was! my next bike will probly be a yzf 450 as soon as they come out with the aluminum frame. i think the rekluse will make up for the lack of a low 1st gear. and throw on some flywheel weight maybe a cam change it'd be good to go!

:cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.