Raptor to yz250f or yz426?

I curently have a raptor. And iam planign on selling it to get a used dirt bike (2001-2003 range)I iam 15 170 5'10. i ride agressive trails and climb sand hills(lots of sand ridding)I wouldnt ride any mx. I have never owned a dirtbiek befor. My question is should i get a yz250f or yz426f.... IS a yz250f gona be fun/challenging after haveing a raptor.?

My guess is that you will miss the muscle of the big engine. The YZ250F is a great motorcycle, and although it would not be a competitive 250 class ride on most outdoor tracks, it is definitely "bigger" than a 125. Still, they are a small displacement engine, and they have to be ridden like one, that is, you need to rev them to make them work. They are an awful lot of fun in the tight stuff, especially when running away from the big bikes.

Even so, and especially in a just for fun bike, I'd go with the bigger engine.

If you go with a 426, get one with, or plan to do the Decomp Cam Mod (DCM). If you're not already used to cranking a high-compression four-stroke with a light crank, it will be worth it.

YEAH, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY WITHOUT A DOUBT, GO WITH THE 426. IF YOU ARE ALREADY USED TO THE ASS OF A RAPTOR. I AM NOT A BIG FAN OF THEM BUT THEY DEFINITLY HAVE THE ASS BEHIND THEM. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN THE SAND (ESPECIALY DUNES) FOR SURE YOU WILL WANT TO GET A 426. IN THE SAND, THEY ARE LIKE A SOAR PETER, YOU CAN'T BEAT EM'... ? THE 2SMOKES IN THE SAND SUCK, TO GET ANYWHERE YOU HAVE TO WRAPPED OUT ALL THE TIME. THE 4STROKES HAVE THE TORQUE TO DO THE SAND A LOT EASIER. ANYWAY THATS MY 2 CENTS, HOWEVER IT IS COMOING FROM 4STROKE4LIFE, THATS FOR SURE!!! ?