My Brake Bleeding Tool

5 replies to this topic
  • b-bike

Posted October 03, 2004 - 07:10 PM

When I installed a different brake line in the front of my 01-426 I made sure to read the owners manual on brake bleeding. Yes it gives the info on how to do it but says nothing about what to do when the fluid will not pump from the master cylinder.

So... then I did a search on what others have done to get their brakes to bleed. What I found was that some auto parts stores loan out a brake vacuume system. After much running around town (Albany Oregon) I'm not living in one of those areas :cry: . No store would lone one out, but I could buy it for $49.99 :cry: NOT!!

I started thinking :cry: and by put my God given tallents to work I came up with this little jewel. All total I was just $2.00 . And boy does it work great.

Posted Image

It's a 35cc syringe and a 6" piece of plastic tubing. :cry:

Boyd

• b-bike

Posted October 04, 2004 - 08:54 AM

Seems I'm having trouble getting "Imagestation" to let my pic's show up.

I changed to "Photobucket" and we'll see if this works.

Posted Image

Boyd

• b-bike

Posted October 04, 2004 - 09:01 AM

Free Enterprise and good old compition works great.
Now both pics work. :cry:

I think I'll stick with photobucket for now.

Anyway the whole point here is to show a great way to bleed your brakes for very little $$.

Enjoy :cry:

Boyd

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted October 04, 2004 - 11:07 AM

You do realize we have been doing it this way for years. Did you use the syringe to pull (vacuum) brake fluid, or push it in from the bottom? The pushing method works best. :cry:

• b-bike

Posted October 04, 2004 - 05:36 PM

Fastest1:

You do realize we have been doing it this way for years.

No. when I did my search all I found was the "rent a vacuum tool" approach.

Did you use the syringe to pull (vacuum) brake fluid, or push it in from the bottom?

I used it to pull vacuum.

The pushing method works best. :cry:

Thanks. I have a new brake line on order and when it comes in I will try it. :cry:

Boyd

• b22md

Posted October 04, 2004 - 09:14 PM

NICE! :cry: wish i saw this post saturday before i got all stupid and bought the mityvac 4050 for $70. worst part is i already have a 50cc syringe and tubing which was already paid for sitting less than 50ft away from my bike

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.