Did I sleep through something?

4 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted June 29, 2001 - 02:20 PM

Grey wire? I tried reading through that post but got lost pretty quickly (forgive my small brain. I just ride them folks, I don't understand their inner workings).

Here is what I gather, cut this wire, bike goes faster. This is a good thing. Now if someone can answere some simple questions...

Does my '99 have one?
If so, does this mod work on the '99 (YZ timed)?
Where the hell is it on my '99?
Can someone link the original post explaining this concept?

Thanks, Doug

• Dennis'_WR426

Posted June 29, 2001 - 03:04 PM

Doug,
I didn't get it either. Does my 2001 WR426 have one of these? And what is it suppose to do?
Dennis

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted June 29, 2001 - 03:21 PM

Maybe someone can correct my understanding of this. It seems to me, that the modification changes the mapping or ignition curve :D

The reports have varied from great to I can barely feel a difference. Some are also saying the "mod" is more effective on 01 bikes. It also does not seem to matter whether the bike is YZ or Dub-R timed :)

The post started on the 250 side of TTalk.
Yes you have one on your 99
It's located under the tank. It's a two wire plug with one gray and one black wire.

Bill

How's the young'n Doug?

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• vincegatcore.com

Posted June 29, 2001 - 03:31 PM

Heres my 2 cents
I cut the wire and I did not notice any power increase BUT my 40 to 55mph stuttering/surging was gone
I always thought it was a jetting problem but all I had to do was cut a little grey wire.
cut away!!!

• Dougie

Posted June 29, 2001 - 03:32 PM

Thanks Bill. And the young'n is doing just great. Thanks for asking. Getting cuter everyday (gets that from her mother). Starting to move all over the place. The days of putting her in the bouncy seat and working on the bikes will soon be over.

I figure I'll give this cutting the wire a try. What they hey, don't cost nothin', right? Seems easy enough.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.