Switching to a orange 2smoke unless you talk me out of it

21 replies to this topic
  • washinout

Posted October 09, 2004 - 02:43 PM

I am thinking of going orange as well... not too hard though. I want a 535EXC stroked to a 575. 246#'s! 30#'s less than mine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • condog_aus

Posted October 12, 2004 - 01:28 AM

I cant believe i am reading this in a blue forum. The 426 is renowned for its sudden and abrupt power delivery and its no secret that its significantly heavier than the 450f. The obvious answer is to upgrade to an 05 wr450f which is way lighter than a 426 and has been detuned for easier power delivery..
If you think a 300 is going to be less tiring to ride you are kidding yourself. Sure its lighter and thus easier to flick around. But the fire breathing power delivery and concentration required when on the gas will leave you wanting an elbow replacement and good session of Yoga to calm the nerves. The 300 is an awsome machine but by god it not less tiring to ride unless your bogging around in two gears higher than you should be.

Go the 450 Orange or Blue, both awsome and easier to ride.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.