HRC tip versus drilled out stock

1 reply to this topic
  • billyj7175

Posted April 27, 2002 - 08:45 PM

I recently learned that the HRC tip is longer than the stock XR650R tip (that I've drilled out the end cap), thus would allow more flow and more noise.
How much of a difference between the two concerning power and noise?
Anybody out there tried both?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Keyser_Zoze

Posted May 13, 2002 - 07:39 PM

Originally posted by billyj7175:
I recently learned that the HRC tip is longer than the stock XR650R tip (that I've drilled out the end cap), thus would allow more flow and more noise.
How much of a difference between the two concerning power and noise?
Anybody out there tried both?

On the Yahoo XR650R newsgroup there was a post last year about a guy that slightly modified the HRC Baffle with a piece of thin walled plumbing pipe (Pea Trap) from a hardware store and JB Weld. Detailed instructions are at the site. Just do a search.

While this set up is the Heaviest 7.5 lbs it is the QUIETEST (92db) and makes the best low-mid and top combination of power. I attest to this as I have run about every exhaust on the market for the XR650R. It's really a trip to ride a bike so quite that REALLY gets on!

jp70@cableone.net

[ May 13, 2002: Message edited by: jpeters ]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.