Help Save Mosier Valley

4 replies to this topic
  • JayPak

Posted October 03, 2004 - 01:22 PM

I posted a few weeks ago that Mosier Valley in Arlington, Texas was going to be sold to the city of Arlington and turned into a land fill. A few of us local riders have discussed ways to save the track and give input to whoever would listen in order to keep the track open. At this time, the best help would be for anyone and everyone to send an email to savemosiervalley@yahoo.com. I would appreciate anyone who would take a few minutes, regardless if you are someone in the industry, an amateur rider, or a fan and send an email. The email does not have to be about how Mosier is the best track in the country - because, certainly, opinions vary. Maybe just a note about a time you raced there or whatever. Let him know who you are.
Regardless of your opinion of Mosier, you should be concerned when any track is being closed down, forcibly by a city, and going to be turned into a land fill.

If you guys could, please post this info and/or email address on other forums to help get the word out. Thank you for your help.

• Satch0922

Posted October 03, 2004 - 03:36 PM

Regardless of your opinion of Mosier, you should be concerned when any track is being closed down, forcibly by a city, and going to be turned into a land fill.

My understanding is that Jerry is ready to retire from the motocross business and is selling the land to the only interested buyer. Not sure there is any "force" from the city. If someone came along with a better offer I am sure Jerry would listen.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted October 03, 2004 - 03:52 PM

I think the city or Arlington is pushing Jerry into early retirement. I think he is just tired of fighting the city, people whining about track conditions, ect., and just overall low turn-out for practice. I can't imagine he is making any money from the track based on the practices I've been too, probably it's costing a couple of bucks out of Jerry's pocket each month to keep the track open. Regardless it's a track closing and next week it could be your favorite track.

• JayPak

Posted October 04, 2004 - 07:43 PM

Got this reply from the messages that have been sent so far:

"WOW! I will forward these messages to the people of Arlington.
Perhaps this will make a difference. Thank you for your concern
and the fact that you want to help. I should be talking with the
City of Arlington this Wednesday."

It's not over just yet. Take a few mins to send an email.

• DPW

Posted October 05, 2004 - 06:38 AM

TTT

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.