Jimmy Button Renthal's...

7 replies to this topic
  • billyj7175

Posted April 26, 2002 - 09:36 PM

Anybody out there running the Renthal Button bend? How do you like it? According to the specs, it's a little taller and with less sweep than the stock 650R bar, which is exactly what I think I need.

• joe_moto

Posted April 26, 2002 - 10:06 AM

I run button bars and love them ....I`m 6-4

• Razorback

Posted April 26, 2002 - 02:48 PM

I have the Button bars on both my bikes.They are about 1 1/4 inches taller than stock and wider but not sure how much.I like them because it makes standup riding more comfortable and the wider stance gives me more control.

• dav

Posted April 26, 2002 - 03:22 PM

how do they compair with the cr hi bend bars

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_Scheide

Posted May 13, 2002 - 03:12 AM

XR650L Riders...Just did "Jimmy Button" Renthals with the Acerbis Rally Pro Brushguards...I'm 5'10" & these bars feel great...the added width & height helps...also, more info. related to steering clearance...With a Clarke Mfg. 4.7 gal. tank, Renthals & brushguards, the bike still has FULL steering travel side to side. The turn signals just touch the tank when the bars are turned fully to either side. I've read that some aftermarket tanks can restrict steering travel, especially if you run brushguards. Clarke really did their homework with this design, & 4.7 gal. gives a 200 mile range. www.clarkemfg.com

• Big_D

Posted May 15, 2002 - 06:11 AM

I just got back from my first ride with a set of Button bends and they are GREAT!!! :)

I am 6'4" and the extra height helps me stand on the pegs in a better position. I did not have to roll them forward nearly as far as the stockers to be comfortable.

I am sold!

• billyj7175

Posted May 15, 2002 - 06:23 AM

I did order a set of Button bend's and I'm very happy with them. Like everybody else says, it sure makes standing up a lot easier. Plus the Renthals are substantially stronger than the stock bars.

• BigDave

Posted May 16, 2002 - 04:43 PM

I have Button Bars, For such a big bike you need big bars, and if your a big rider Button bars are the way to go. Made the biggest handling difference on my 600.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.