GYT-R and Pro Circuit TI-4 question

4 replies to this topic
  • ry0ken

Posted October 02, 2004 - 08:54 PM

im interested in getting either the gyt-r carbon fiber slip on or the pro circuit ti-4 lowboy system for my 04 yz 450. both of these supposedly can have a spark arrestor used in them. the gyt-r says it comes with a S/A and i know that you can get S/A end caps from pro circuit. my question about them is, does anyone know if these 2 systems have usfs approved stamps on the S/A endcaps to keep the forest service nazi's off my back when im out riding? if they dont have an approved stamp then i could still get a ticket even tho im running a spark arrestor. :cry:

• Satch0922

Posted October 03, 2004 - 05:28 AM

you would probably get a ticket for noise!! The PC pipe is LOUD!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted October 03, 2004 - 06:40 PM

You can get a ticket for not having a U.S. forestry approved stamp on it????? :cry: Ive never heard of that .that sucks, First they ask for spark arrestors and now they want a stamp on the side of the pipe that says U.S. Forestry approved. THATS DUMB!!

• ry0ken

Posted October 03, 2004 - 07:58 PM

yeah, they could actually look in the end and see that you have a spark arrestor, but if ya dont have the stamp (be it on teh end cap or on the can) they can still bust ya. :cry:

and as far as loud goes, i dont really care as long as it meets the 96 db AMA level. im hoping to do some AMA off road racing and i just need a system that has good performance, yet meets the ama and usfs standards. :cry:

• del_scorcho

Posted October 04, 2004 - 12:01 PM

I have the T-4 with the spark arrestor but it does not have the stamp on it. I think the Pro Circuit 496 does.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.