Fuel milage...

4 replies to this topic
  • loufish

Posted April 24, 2002 - 06:06 PM

Sorry, I'm still new here, and I'm sure this is an old thread, but I could use an idea of what kind of milage to expect form my 02' 650R. I was guessing at about 30mpg, on desert trails.

• Moredesert

Posted April 24, 2002 - 06:59 PM

That sounds about right. If you change to higher gearing for the desert or dual sport you might get 35mpg in the desert and 40mpg on the street.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Craig_Mitchell

Posted April 24, 2002 - 07:06 PM

My U.K. XR650 came from the showroom
dualsported. On road consumption has ranged
from 44mpg ( imperial gallons not 'merican )
while running at 90mph, stock gearing) to
69mpg cruising fire-roads with 15/41 gearing.

cheers, Craig

• loufish

Posted April 25, 2002 - 03:22 PM

Thanks guys!

• qadsan

Posted April 25, 2002 - 03:51 PM

If I'm hard on the throttle doing a lot of tight twisty MX type stuff while playing in the desert I'm getting about 20 MPG. If I'm out cruising desert trails or bush whacking and moderately using the throttle, then I'm getting about 25 - 30+ MPG depending on how hard I'm riding. If I'm light on the throttle and just leisurely riding big loops at higher speeds, I think I'm getting 40+ MPG, but I haven't done enough of this type of riding to know for sure.

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: qadsan ]

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.