steering stabilizer

4 replies to this topic
  • finallap

Posted October 02, 2004 - 01:33 PM

I am thinking of tring a steering stabilizer. Are these things worth the investment? I race mostly enduro and HS.I can see the advanage in the high speed stuff but I don't want it to hurt the steering on the tight ugly trail.What model is the best for the money?

• moto9

Posted October 02, 2004 - 02:05 PM

Scotts is the most adjustable, it offers an adjustable high speed deflection circuit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrooster

Posted October 04, 2004 - 06:32 AM

I am thinking of tring a steering stabilizer. Are these things worth the investment? I race mostly enduro and HS.I can see the advanage in the high speed stuff but I don't want it to hurt the steering on the tight ugly trail.What model is the best for the money?

see
http://www.thumperta...634#Post1116634
and surrounding posts.

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

• ckulzer

Posted October 04, 2004 - 06:33 AM

Take a look at the WER damper. It mounts under the headlight, out of the way.

Ride fast - take chances,

Chad

• Treebark

Posted October 04, 2004 - 09:16 AM

I just put a Scotts on bike thursday and raced on sunday and it made a major difference in my confidence and the bikes ability to hit stuff that normally I would grit my teeth hoping I wouldn't go down. It is adjustable on the fly which can be hard when in tight stuff, but did manage to do it with out hitting trees. By the time the harescramble was over my low speed adj was set on 12 majority of the time and 9 for the high speed sections, while the high speed adj was left 2 turns out. Would diffinetly recomend a Scotts you can adjust it for particlar terrain your riding with out stopping. The WER you can't and the other two GPR& RTT dampeners are way to expensive for my taste, plus the GPR&RTT from what I can understand they dampen all the time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.