Barnums Exhausst question

5 replies to this topic
  • Naru

Posted October 01, 2004 - 08:26 PM

I seem to remember reading in someone's post that his exhaust will have 3 tips for different sound levels, and a removable spark arrestor. Does anyone know if that is true, or what it will come with if that is not the case? Thanks.

• BWB63

Posted October 01, 2004 - 08:40 PM

Yes, each tip has it's own screen. All different size tips and you can run it with no tip...I can't remeber if he showed me a screen for running no tip.....The coolest part of the system is the header and how both sides are the same length and come to real good colecter. All the parts for the muffler are the same front and back so it some thing brake sit's all the same. It is a nice setup. I would like to make a USFS accepted spark arrestor stamp :cry: wouldn't that be nice.

• irondude

Posted October 01, 2004 - 08:48 PM

i was talking to Rob about the pipes last night--he has pre-sold a couple of the new ones--but they are still a few weeks away from delivery....$550 for the complete system. I'm at the top of the list!!
HURRY UP ROB!!! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted October 02, 2004 - 09:32 AM

I'm at the top of the list!!

Wait a minute....I'm at the top of the list :cry:

Yes, it's going to have various end caps, inserts, etc. His exhaust should offer better scavenging and performance, especially in the low & mid range without killing the top end. I've ridden his bike and it's just awesome and I can say his exhaust works exceptionally well on his bike, but I don't have first hand experience to know how well his exhaust works on a stock uncorked bike.

• Naru

Posted October 02, 2004 - 05:37 PM

Ok cool. Glad I asked; I recently (as in today) found out that those 'few new ones pre-sold' were two units that my fiance bought as a surprise last week. Well, yippie then; looks like I chose the right woman. Maybe I'm the one at the top of the list. Buahahahahha :cry:

PS - The two Moriwaki exhausts I bought are now apparently available. One I never put on because it didn't meet 96db, and the other is almost new-looking. So, if anyone's interested, I want $300 plus shipping for the new one (still in box with packaging, never mounted), no idea for the used. Also, I have two stock exhaust, both in pretty darn good condition, one with a drilled out tip and the other with an HRC. Make an offer. :cry:

• motart

Posted October 04, 2004 - 12:35 PM

pm'd u naru

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.