Scotts Underrrr-the-Bars Mount

14 replies to this topic
  • Mikie1

Posted October 01, 2004 - 09:50 AM

After many requests to Scotts and BRP to put something together for the BRP, I made my own setup. I've had several people ask where I got it, etc. I know a guy that will make a kit available for around $150 with the bar mounts, tower clamp, tower & pin (but not including the damper) if there's enough interest. Posted Image Posted Image

• qadsan

Posted October 01, 2004 - 10:26 AM

Which top clamp are you using, BRP?

• Mikie1

Posted October 01, 2004 - 11:25 AM

Yup. I think BRP makes the Scotts clamp also.

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted October 01, 2004 - 12:43 PM

After many requests to Scotts and BRP to put something together for the BRP, I made my own setup. I've had several people ask where I got it, etc. I know a guy that will make a kit available for around $150 with the bar mounts, tower clamp, tower & pin (but not including the damper) if there's enough interest.

I'm down.
And ya know... it raises the bars quite a bit. Nice. :cry: Looks like ya need to a bike wash too. :cry:

I've already pinched one of my cable 'outers' going up to my clutch perch, nice to see that you've routed them behind the bars with success. I'll be doing that tonight!

Maybe re-titling the subject on this thread will get more prospective peeps... Like, "Scott Under the Bars Mount SOLD HERE" or something. :cry:

Let me know what I'd need to do to get one yesterday. I already have the 'over the bars forward mount'... with the Scott's upper triple. But would love higher bars and a more concealed damper.

The concealed damper (best chin protection for those mishaps!) is what I use on my CRF... from GPR, the version 2 model. It's awesome.

Let US know!!!

• Naru

Posted October 01, 2004 - 08:43 PM

Two garaunteed purchases from me. I need a foreward mount setup bad... and quick. :cry:

PS - Looks like the damper sticks out pretty far backward, to the point that it might block the oil filler cap. Is that the case, or is the cap still accessable?

• frankstr

Posted October 02, 2004 - 05:22 AM

PS - Looks like the damper sticks out pretty far backward, to the point that it might block the oil filler cap. Is that the case, or is the cap still accessable?

[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly :cry:

• BWB63

Posted October 02, 2004 - 07:30 AM

Does the setup come with the longer arm to go from having the post on the oil fill tube to having if go on the steering neck?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mikie1

Posted October 02, 2004 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, you're probably right about the title of the post. My keyboard seems to be sticking a little, so it came out lookin' kinda goofy.

There isn't a KIT yet, per se. It raises the bottom of the bars about 2" over the top of the triple clamp (about 1" more than the standard mounts that came with the BRP). If we get 12 or 15 orders the guy will make 'em. The price isn't firmed up yet, but in our discussions he thought it'd be right around $150 including the bar & stabizer mounts and the clamp, tower & pin. You need a 34mm link arm for the damper, at least with the Scotts bracket & tower. They're $34.95 from Scotts, but I'm guessing we might get a decent discount if we buy a dozen or so (or more...). I don't know what size comes with the kit that mounts to the oil filler. If you already have the above-the-bars forward mount, then you only need the bar/stabilizer mounts and to have your tower & pin turned down.

The dipstick is still easily accessible- it just takes a little practice tilting it to the right to get it back in. Right now, I'm making a bar pad & cover that my GPS will sit down in. :cry:

• Naru

Posted October 03, 2004 - 11:25 PM

Bump... the subject really needs to be changed to get some more people to view this post. It's a really good idea; shame that Scotts doesn't feel that way.

• rolandska

Posted October 04, 2004 - 04:45 PM

get the price complete firmed up and ive sold at least three for you

• SenorGG

Posted April 27, 2005 - 12:09 AM

Interested also. Please keep us up on the status!

• Hd_hubub

Posted April 27, 2005 - 09:50 AM

Got another one with me.

Keep us posted as to when you'll be ready to take orders. :naughty:

• DualSport650

Posted April 27, 2005 - 10:47 AM

I'm down with it.

I have an old Scott's Dampener that I need to get mounted, but I don't want to spend the high-dollars that Scott's and BRP are asking.

$150 is certainly a good price.

I don't need a top triple clamp do I? If so, that's another $150 to invest for me. :naughty:

• Mikie1

Posted May 03, 2005 - 09:26 AM

A friend of mine has one (the prototype, he says) that BRP made. Very clean setup. Yes, you have to have the top clamp.

• ponq

Posted May 03, 2005 - 01:30 PM

I am interested.

I think if the parts that are needed and the parts that come with the kit were listed in order with the prices of each, that would make me and other prospective buyers feel comfortable diving in.

Unless I missed it somewhere else.

Looks like a good deal
Thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.