E-line Dualsport kit question

8 replies to this topic
  • billyj7175

Posted April 17, 2002 - 05:27 AM

Anybody have any feedback thats using the E-line dualsport kit with the UFO headlight and tailight assemblies?

• M.Stone

Posted April 17, 2002 - 10:42 AM

This past winter I set up a '01 XR650R for long distance dual sport and rode it about 10,000 miles all through Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, down as far south as you can ride in Central America (Yaviza, Panama) and back. I averaged eight hours of riding time per day for over a month.

Raffi at E-Line installed their dual sport lighting kit for me. The base kit comes with intentionally minimal lights. Because I needed real lights, Raffi installed a 12 coil stator (the U.S. version comes with a 4 coil, but has the mounts for the 12 coil), with an H4 Acerbis headlight assembly. They have determined that the 4 coil is not adequate for turn signals and a 55+ watt headlight.

The kit is very well designed, all the electronics are in a small blackbox that mounts inside the headlight assemby. Wiring is OEM-quality. The switch assembly that I had did not give good tactile feedback (it was hard to tell with a gloved hand if you had successfully pressed a button), but I have heard that they are updating the switch assembly. Kevin and Raffi at E-Line are very helpful and willing to set up their kits for your application. You can call them @ (508) 295-0812.

The XR650R makes a great dual sport bike. Keep in mind that the Canadian/Guatemalan version comes from the factory with an H4 headlight/turn signals/steel subframe extension & lower fender. But it is probably heavier than a dual-sport converted U.S. version.

• jshepard

Posted April 12, 2010 - 03:40 PM

I know this post is very old, but I have an E-Line Dual Sport Kit on my '02 KTM Exc 250. Currently I am trying to troubleshoot a problem where my Blinkers, Horn and Headlight are not working. Tail Light and Brake Light work fine. Tested the one fuse I could find and it is fine too. In fact with the fuse out the Tail Light does not work so I know it is not a fuse problem. I have a call and an email into Kevin at Eline, but have not heard back yet. They do not make the kits anymore, and if I need parts I am hoping they have some.

I would love an electrical schematic of the main computer if anyone has one. All I have is the installation instructions which the guy I bought the bike from has fortunately held on to. Other than that, I cannot find anything about it on my short internet searching. Hoping this forum can help in any way.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

• iam326

Posted August 21, 2010 - 09:38 PM

Jeff,
I am having the same problems. Did you have any luck from the guys at Eline? I just emailed them as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ayosick

Posted May 21, 2012 - 06:52 PM

Was this issue ever resolved. I recently purchased a 2002 ktm 520 and am experiencing the same issues

• rhail3

Posted March 19, 2015 - 07:27 AM

I know this post is very old, but I have an E-Line Dual Sport Kit on my '02 KTM Exc 250. Currently I am trying to troubleshoot a problem where my Blinkers, Horn and Headlight are not working. Tail Light and Brake Light work fine. Tested the one fuse I could find and it is fine too. In fact with the fuse out the Tail Light does not work so I know it is not a fuse problem. I have a call and an email into Kevin at Eline, but have not heard back yet. They do not make the kits anymore, and if I need parts I am hoping they have some.

I would love an electrical schematic of the main computer if anyone has one. All I have is the installation instructions which the guy I bought the bike from has fortunately held on to. Other than that, I cannot find anything about it on my short internet searching. Hoping this forum can help in any way.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Do you still have the operating instructions?? Would love a copy. Trying to see if there's a way to turn head light of to charge battery.
Thanks Russ
Rhail3@yahoo.com

• jshepard

Posted March 19, 2015 - 07:59 AM

Do you still have the operating instructions?? Would love a copy. Trying to see if there's a way to turn head light of to charge battery.
Thanks Russ
Rhail3@yahoo.com

I posted it here...

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

• jshepard

Posted March 19, 2015 - 08:01 AM

Not sure if it is much help now that I read it....

• rhail3

Posted March 23, 2015 - 04:44 PM

Not sure if it is much help now that I read it....

Yeah at least I found out about the turn signals. It helped.
Thank you very much.
Russ

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.