I Am.

3 replies to this topic
  • Pete_Z

Posted June 29, 2001 - 05:29 AM

Just want to wish all my fellow Canuck T-Talkers a safe and happy long weekend.Make sure you celebrate Canada's birthday in a manner that is fitting for the greatest country on the planet(ride hard,party harder,repeat as required). :)

• cueball

Posted July 03, 2001 - 04:55 AM

I had several great rides this weekend in her honor!

BTW Pete, the E-Series is on the bike w/ 6 disks (much quieter than the FMF). Now to get it jetted properly!!!

Cue

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pete_Z

Posted July 04, 2001 - 11:33 AM

Cue,glad to hear that you're happy with the noise level from the E-Series.I started out with 6 and then went to 8 discs with no easily descernable increase in noise.I don't think my flatlander jetting will be of much use to you,but basically I went one sz. richer on the pilot,raised the needle and set the fuel screw at approx.1&3/4 turns out.The bike runs nails,no flat spots,hard starting,or plug fouling.Just wondering-how do you find the fit & finish of the E-Series in comparison to the FMF?

• cueball

Posted July 04, 2001 - 12:31 PM

The fit & finish is excellent, but I really can't say much bad about the FMF -- short of the noise, that is! My opinion: the E-Series is a little better quality-wise.

The 6 disks is WAY corked compared to the FMF for sure, it runs like a dog now....way too rich. I'm heading for the Dual Dogs 6 Days ride tomorrow, and will have to adjust everything once I'm there. I'm getting lazy & hoping that the elevation change will compensate (wishful thinking I'm sure :))

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.