Back Tire Size - What's Your Choice?

2 replies to this topic
  • jazzeyb

Posted September 30, 2004 - 08:41 PM

I run my 650l 100% on road.
I'm gonna (try to .. heh!) figure out what is the widest tire I can fit on the back withour scrubbing the swing arm?
Any suggestions? Or just for the curiosity if you run dual or street, what do you run (tire wise and sizes?)
I'v been runnin the avon roadrunner (model - AM21)110/90/18 (w/ metzler tubes)on the rear of my xr650l. Am going to switch to the Bridgestone BT45 on the rear, and keep the avon AM21 RoadRunner 21" on the front. (it's nice & sticky(
I just cant afford to go to 17"s yet..
:cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jazzeyb

Posted September 30, 2004 - 10:23 PM

Oops correction....
The front is an Avon AM20 90/90/21
The rear is an AM 21 120/90/18

• zackm58941

Posted October 03, 2004 - 07:10 AM

One of my buddies has an 03 650l with a 140/90/18 real tire and no problems with rubbing at all. He rides mostly off-road with his so he has a real agressive tread pattern, might consider gearing down if installing a bigger rear tire.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.