sidewinder chain?????

I have sidewinder full ti set up and so far its great I talked to Vic a couple of times and there personal service is great The chain hasn't streched at all and so far there is no where on the sprockets ....I have yet to really flog it but Sat. I'm planning on some hard rides. I first had the Tri metal but sent it back cause I didn't trust all the parts and rivets. they did a sreight exchange for the Ti Moly. They also gave a good discount cause both my brother and I bought a full set up at the same time.

Sidewinder chain is made by regina, best alumimum sprocket on the market IMO is works tripple star by sunstar(in the T6 arena). But not having run steel rears for twenty years until the DRZ. You simply can't beat the wear of a steel rear, I've come to find out.

I think your mistaken sidewinder chains are unique they are made by sidewinder and are not like any other chain on the market... try and fit a regina master link to a sidewinder it won't happen.

Some one want to point me to the part where this company actually tells the potential coustomer what there product is made from??? What steel (other than a made up name ) is used for which components?

Sidewinder “Ti-Series" Chain is the absolute ultimate available. The precious metal alloys and precision pin/sideplate design deliver a tensile strength approaching 14,000 pounds. This custom-made, limited production chain was designed with the custom bike builder in mind that has a mega horsepower engine. If you have built a fire-breathing, extended swingarm, monster race bike, this would be the chain to consider. If you have invested considerable funds in your engine/chassis upgrades, you want the absolute strongest drive system you can get. Sidewinder “Ti-Series” is for you. This is the chain Robbie Knievel uses on all his death-defying, record jumps. What more can be said….

104 words,, and the description is truly devoid of any real information.. Great ad,, but no info.

And for the sprockets made from "Ti-Moly" Great,, more marketing crud.. Go try and find a refernce in the metal indrustr for Ti-Moly.. Bottom line,, Sidewinder does not make there own steel .. sorry, that dont happen.. So either they are having a one off batch of Ti-Moly mixed up in some secreat foundry.... or,, it's marketing gimmick.... The price does not reflect a one off batch of coustom raw meterials.. soooooooooooooooooooo.. Inquiering minds what to know.. I've written them and asked,, all I get back is the same advertisment they put in the ads....

Times change, it's been since the mid 80's the last chain I bought from sidewinder, every link plate either said Regina or sidewinder. Maybe they've changed vendors by now. \

I saw where they are pushing a new space age chain lube $15 a can. Before that , many years ago they were pushing triflow, thats when I discovered $5 a can superlube by SYNTEC cause the triflow was expensive and sometimes hard to get, but the syntec product actually outperformed the triflow sustantially and at a much lower cost. Sometimes desperate times gifts come ones way.>G<

Sidewinder high priced? YES, But well worth the expense.

I run my 2001 400E on Enduros and Harescrambles. I have the Ti-moly chain and sprockets from Sidewinder. The chain has only needed adjusting once since initial break-in.

The stock chain and sprockets were toast after 6 months.

My stock chain lasted more than a year, and was only replaced for need of a longer one..

Still no answers to the questions posted above ?

Sorry I don't spend all day on TT.... ? Vic Krause told me they have been making there own metal for there new line of sprockets is he lying or do you really know? Just another one of you pro opinions ??? I know your an expert on everything and if you feel it sucks so should everyone else but I'm real happy with my set up and it was only about 60 more for the whole set up. I'm glad your proud of your stock chain, mine lasted a year and is totally worn. I will gladly trade 60 bucks for a little piece off mind because I don't want a broken chain 60 miles from my truck. ?

What exactly is a "precious metal alloy" anyway. I've heard of precious gems but never a precious metal alloy ?

Of course I don't know much so....... ?

Marketing hype will attract people who don't know better but for those who have some knowledge can see right through it and then won't buy at all since it actually says nothing pertinent. This same thread has come up before and will come up again I'm sure and until someone can give us some real information not many will buy it. I'm not saying it is not a good product or even that it may not be worth its price, I'm just saying that I won't take a chance on something based on BS and not facts.

What exactly is a "precious metal alloy" anyway.

A precious metal is the term used to describe those metals having value as currency or jewellery, e.g., gold, silver, platinum, titanium and palladium. An alloy is a solution of two or metals in this case the alloy contains a precious metal, titanium and a non precious metal, molybdenum. Molybdenum is used in alloys to strengthen steel and make it less susceptible to rust and corrosion.

There's your chemistry lesson for today ?

My stock chain lasted more than a year, and was only replaced for need of a longer one..

Still no answers to the questions posted above ?

Sorry I don't spend all day on TT.... ? Vic Krause told me they have been making there own metal for there new line of sprockets is he lying or do you really know? Just another one of you pro opinions ??? I know your an expert on everything and if you feel it sucks so should everyone else but I'm real happy with my set up and it was only about 60 more for the whole set up. I'm glad your proud of your stock chain, mine lasted a year and is totally worn. I will gladly trade 60 bucks for a little piece off mind because I don't want a broken chain 60 miles from my truck. ?

Rockchucker.. thank you for an intelligent, informed, mature reply ?

I am an expert in one or two areas,, though nothing I have ever written about here on TT,, But thanks for the complement.,, Never the less, though not an expert in TT discussions, I know a few things.... If that offends, scares, or intimidates you,, that is your issue, not mine,, If you wish to vent a personal attack to me as a person,, I strongly suggest you do so off line,, and not on list.. That is a policy of TT,, Follow it, or leave ?

Please feel free to disagree with anything you read here, mine, or another’s words,, that is simply discussion.. And discussion is good ?

Finally some more info,, OK so Mr Krause told you he makes his own alloy... A product he calls Ti-Molly. Ok, very interesting.. You asked if I know that he does or does not.. Well I think what I posted early made that answer pretty clear,, but once again..

I do not know he does, or does not manufacture his own alloy steel.. It is possible,, but like most things,, just because it is possible, does not make it likely. I have asked these questions of that company, and got nothing but market hype back,, I'll ask again though,, maybe this time the reply will actually have information in it.

Rockchucker, as I've said on hundred's of replies here on TT.. 1: I do not care if you agree with what I have to say, I do not care if you like, dislike, want, or do not want a product I might recommend, or not recommend to this forum,, As with every body’s opinion,, receivers will, USE, LOOSE, or MODIFY what they read or hear, for their own use. And that is good.

Just because I do not like a product,, means nothing,,on it's own,., But, I do provide facts, opinions, or reasons I do not like a product..,, Not marketing hype,, "cuz it's made from Ti-Molly" what ever that is, or because the sales guy said it was the best thing ever... I like or dislike a product based on use, failure, success, cost, quality, and availability. Much like you have done,, you said “but I'm real happy with my set up and it was only about 60 more for the whole set up” and “there personal service is great” and “The chain hasn't streched at all and so far there is no where on the sprockets” all really good product testmoniels.. and appreacieated.. Though, thay are the opinions of just one person, and do absolutely nothing to answer the very simple questions that have been asked.

What is Titanium Chrome-Moly Alloy “Ti-Molly”, I have a guess, and it is possible that it is done in house,, but it is not what they imply and thus my questions,, if I’m wrong, I’d gladly post that, and the facts I find out... Market hype,, I will not quote as fact.

What parts of the chain are “precious metal alloys” and just what is that a description of?

But agian advertising precious metel without stating what they use to make it precious is just advertising and nothing more. They need to tell us why it is that they are using to make there product better than someone elses or it is only conjecture ?

They don't do anything to the metal to make it "precious". It has to do with the small natural abundance of that metal found in the earth's crust as opposed to "base" metals such as copper, lead, zinc and nickle to name a few which have a very high natural abundance and can be found in large deposits.

So if I state an opinion of my own that offends you Bronco?? You are always, as you put it flaming someone here and it is my opinion that you flame anyone that uses something other than what you approve stop being so sensitive this isn't a house frow forum! I have it and like and don't give a rats ? how you feel about it .

I have been making knifes for years and know a few things about tool steal, TI, SS and just about every other hard metal alloys. And I know what holds up to abuse.

And if you want to use your TT "power" to kick me off for policy violations go ahead because that's plane chicken S#!T All I said is I have the set and like it and your the one starting crap. ?

So if I state an opinion of my own that offends you Bronco?? You are always, as you put it flaming someone here and it is my opinion that you flame anyone that uses something other than what you approve stop being so sensitive this isn't a house frow forum! I have it and like and don't give a rats ? how you feel about it .

I have been making knifes for years and know a few things about tool steal, TI, SS and just about every other hard metal alloys. And I know what holds up to abuse.

And if you want to use your TT "power" to kick me off for policy violations go ahead because that's plane chicken S#!T All I said is I have the set and like it and your the one starting crap. ?

PM sent, please read it ?

Bottom line,,,,, this thread has become a victim of internet communication,, devoid of all tone, inflection and facial expression.. Thus,, terrible communication

I do not WANT to kick you off TT ? and at this point see nothing you have done to warrant banning you.. Thanks. ?

As I stated several times now.. Feel free to state your opinion,, especially so if it counters mine,, your nether offending me, nor upsetting me. Disagreement is not wrong... and the more info we get here the better. I understand you have a back ground in metals,, cool. ? Add your thoughts on what about those sprockets and the chain make them as good as you have found them to be. I may ditch my current set up for some Sidewinders next time. ?