XR650L v NX650

3 replies to this topic
  • NXlintRide

Posted September 30, 2004 - 03:28 PM

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the NX650 uses the same carbie and emission control stuff as the XRL?
I have a 95 model NX and am having trouble sourcing info on this model!
Thanks in advance, and I look forward to getting to know you all in the future! :cry:

• XR6's_rule

Posted October 01, 2004 - 04:41 AM

NX- To answer your question, the NX's engine/carb is pretty much exactly the same as the XRL except with different airbox and jetting due to the different frames.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NXlintRide

Posted October 03, 2004 - 02:23 PM

Thanks, I was hoping to try a few of the carb mods suggested for the XRL but wasn't sure if they would apply. I have now drilled the 2 vacuum holes out a little and shimmed the needle, starting to feel more like my old XR! Uni-Filter is on order and I have some custom made pipes on the way soon I hope. Will get the bike dyno tuned after fitting the pipes.
I have owned the NX for approximately 3 months and only taken it on one decent ride, too busy modifying the sucker. :cry:

• XR6's_rule

Posted October 04, 2004 - 03:49 AM

Sounds like you're having fun! If you really want the NX to go I'd suggest slipping in a high-compression piston as the standard compression ratio is only 8.3:1. As far as exhausts go if you can afford it, I'd recommend a Staintune as I've used these on a couple of my XR's over the years and they provide a fairly reasonable boost in power right through the rev range. For the NX a twin muffler setup is available,that will easily clean up like new and will never rust out! Have fun!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.