radiator repairs in phoenix,az. any around?

8 replies to this topic
  • cuznjames

Posted September 30, 2004 - 02:37 PM

im looking for a shop that is in town to get my radiator fixed on my 04 wr450f. it holds water but leaks under pressure. it is bent but everything still bolts up. any info would be helpful. thanks

• GrahamO

Posted September 30, 2004 - 09:37 PM

If you can't find one in town try Mylers Radiator Repair.
http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

They turned mine around the same day they received it for $55.

• Eric_F

Posted September 30, 2004 - 09:41 PM

Find a good welding shop and they can braize it back to being watertight. My uncle does this, and it works very well.

• RichBaker

Posted September 30, 2004 - 09:46 PM

Have you tried any radiator shops? I have a welder down here who has fixed some incredibly mangled radiators, so it wouldn't hurt to try welding shops, too... good luck. I tried Mylers before I took it to the welder, they made it worse, couldn't even bolt it back on the bike. I won't be using them again... :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jchantzWR400F

Posted October 01, 2004 - 06:47 AM

Call Mylers.....They did an awesome job for me.

• GrahamO

Posted October 01, 2004 - 08:13 AM

I tried Mylers before I took it to the welder, they made it worse, couldn't even bolt it back on the bike. I won't be using them again...

That's a bummer. They did a great job for me, and quite a few other guys on this site.

• Jackazz

Posted October 01, 2004 - 08:47 AM

I second Rich... Get in the phonebook & find a local auto radiator repair shop, if they're worth their salt they should have no problem fixing any MC rad (as long as it's not totally trashed) & probably for less than $50.

Posted Image

• billygoat

Posted October 02, 2004 - 11:46 AM

I bought a radiator for my muscle car from Hawk's Radiator on Cavecreek near Dunlap. They look like a competent place to fix anything that holds water.

• amaxwell

Posted October 18, 2004 - 10:54 AM

I would call Don at The Pit Enterprise and get his advice. He's a top mechanic for many pro riders and a smart guy. He did my wrenching when I lived in Phoenix and I had no complaints.
http://www.pitenterprise.com/

good luck
Adam

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.