K&N air filter for yzf 450

25 replies to this topic
  • bubbaandbee

Posted October 03, 2004 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for your input!! I have two of them on my quads and work great!Wasnt sure for the dirt bike.........I may just try one out...........Thanks Matt :cry:

• Ga426owner

Posted October 04, 2004 - 05:58 AM

I clean the twinairs with gas. look on twinairs site for the power kit, on that page they list the filter separately.

Here's a pic of it. The filter part number is 152313, you can either use their cage, or one from a yz125. It will fit the 450 too.
Posted Image

From the looks of it they added the backfire stuff and didnt replace the inner dense foam with it. I was under the impression it replaced it. Good to know that. Here's the llink to it, http://shop.twinairu...88ff51f974f8a18

never use gas -it will lesson the life of the filter -use Kerosene - it cleans just as good and will not eat up the filter - I run hwarm water thru it afterwards - works great! :cry:

• rws

Posted October 04, 2004 - 12:07 PM

bubbaandbee,

I felt the difference in throttle response, idle and up top running. Like I said... I don't have data to back up the "feeling". Perhaps the TwinAir I had was just at the end of it's life and needed to be replaced. But I do know that the performance is very good and cleanup with the K&N is 100% improvement over a foam filter. I'm not a pro,A-class or super talented rider/racer. For this hobby rider... K&N is the answer :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted October 04, 2004 - 12:40 PM

Soap and water works great for foam filters and doesnt break down anything. Do it in the sink and leave the oil ring around the kitchen sink! It makes wives happy. :cry:

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted October 04, 2004 - 03:07 PM

never use gas -it will lesson the life of the filter -use Kerosene - it cleans just as good and will not eat up the filter - I run hwarm water thru it afterwards - works great! :cry:

I have no problems with kerosene, but the gas has had zero affect on the filters. They have been on there for a year now, with 1 to 3 times a weekend wash in gas. I do rinse them well with water afterwards.

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted October 04, 2004 - 03:07 PM

I have no problems with kerosene, but the gas has had zero affect on the filters. They have been on there for a year now, with 1 to 3 times a weekend wash in gas. I do rinse them well with water afterwards.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.