First REAL ride on the 87 xr600

No replies to this topic
  • pressurefreak

Posted September 30, 2004 - 04:40 AM

I finally had a chance to put a little seat time on my 87 xr600. I went up to vintage days up in northern michigan and put about 75 miles on the old gal. First impression was it was hard to start and boy am I out of shape. Second impression was a big smile that lasted the whole day. :cry:. I generally was in 2 and a few times 1st gear most of the trail with a 13/48 sprocket set up. the trail was generally soft and sandy which my bald hard terrain tires did not care for. Im 5'11" and about 250lbs so I found that in the future I will most definately need a heavier than stock spring. I experienced the famous dead spot coming off idle transition. Annoying but understanding what is happening made it OK. I had an opportunity to let her breathe a few times with some sand and long stretches of gravel road and I must say she pulls well and linear. :cry: :cry:. I wished she stopped as good as she accelerates, but I think that will improve with new rubber. All in all a little intimidating at first but I soon realized I was in capable hands and tried not to drive the bike so much and let the bike do what it was designed to do. Im looking forward to a few more rides before the snow flies.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.