2-trac on ebay

9 replies to this topic
  • mousemeat

Posted September 30, 2004 - 03:08 AM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ssPageName=WDVW

Not a bad deal at all. I don't think you could get a regular WR with Ohlins suspension this cheap.

• spiceboy

Posted September 30, 2004 - 03:16 AM

Yeah, will be interesting to see how much it finally sells for!
There's only 30 in the UK

• sabin

Posted September 30, 2004 - 11:55 AM

Here in Bulgaria the price is 9000Euro which is way overpriced if you ask me. I have heard that in Europe it is about 8000Euro

• simch

Posted September 30, 2004 - 02:33 PM

In england a stock one is 8500 Euros!

• WR450F_RDR

Posted September 30, 2004 - 05:05 PM

just interested, what would it be in US dollars?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ttr125smms120

Posted September 30, 2004 - 05:08 PM

on ebay, its about 9 grand in us

• ovrrdrive

Posted October 01, 2004 - 12:46 AM

Something stinks about this auction...

The front wheel is driven from a hydraulic pump conected to the side of the engine (look at the pics) and when the sensor detects rear wheel slip, it activates the front wheel to pull you out of trouble.

My understanding was that there wasn't any sensor on these bikes. Rear wheel slip simply means that the engine rpm is going up, which in turn makes the front wheel turn faster. There is no electronic traction control... Is there?

Also...

The reason my mate is selling the bike is because its a bit too big and powerfull for him (hes only 5.4") and he cant touch the floor comfortably.

The bike isn't too big for him if "his other bike is a yz125" like the ad states. The YZ's are just as tall as the WR's aren't they?

Also, if it's too powerfull for the guy, why did he do performance mods to it like an aftermarket exhaust, a p38, and extra air holes in the airbox?

Maybe its legit... Like I said, something just stinks with it, and it's not hydraulic fluid.

• simch

Posted October 01, 2004 - 01:22 AM

Agree about the too powerful thing, but the seat does appear to have been cut down to fit a shortarse!
He is selling the 125 too, I see, but are they the same size? I thought the 125's were smaller?

I have to say I was seriously tempted to put a bid on that last night! I resisted as I dont knwo enough about those bikes, and I see the reserve has not been met yet!

Would be great to try one out though, dont ya reckon?

• ttr125smms120

Posted October 01, 2004 - 03:40 AM

nah, i yz's are around 38-39 inches, as are the wr's so theyre about the same thing

• montanaWR250F

Posted October 01, 2004 - 07:00 AM

Euro is around $1.20. Which means it costs $1.20 for 1 euro. 8500 multiplied by 1.2 equals $10,200 and that is without the killer taxes. Diesel in Europe is around $4.00 gallon/$4.50 for regular/$5.00 for super and as high as $6 in metro areas. We live large here in USA. All prices are approx.and 3 years ago you could buy one Euro for around 80 cents.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.