Crank Case Cover Hole

2 replies to this topic
  • mmxr650r

Posted April 07, 2002 - 09:21 PM

Had a nice lay-over in the boulders last weekend on the XR650. Knocked a one inch hole in the right crank case cover, and dumped most of my oil. Boy, was that a fun push out of the desert...

I've already ordered the parts, and will be removing the entire right side of the crank case, to try and remove all remnants of magnesium.

Anyone have any further cleaning/flushing recommendations to make sure that all traces are out?

Thanks for the help...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Karl_W._Heilbronner

Posted April 08, 2002 - 08:29 AM

Punched a hole in mine at a desert race last month, and sprayed contact cleaner in the clutch area (not on the plates) fortunately there was no residue just a nick on the clutch basket. Make sure you ordered a new rubber gasket while you're at it.

• mmxr650r

Posted April 08, 2002 - 07:12 PM

Much thanks for the tips, Karl...will do.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.