I have to replace 99' YZ400F stator, what about a WR for the lights???

2 replies to this topic
  • 4Stroke4Life

Posted September 29, 2004 - 04:39 PM

i have to replace my stator, but i want to run some lights in the dunes. so i would like the output from the WR. how does this work... or will it work?? :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted September 29, 2004 - 05:26 PM

Yep it works. You will need the Wr flywheel also. Then you need to modify the wireing on the Wr stator to work with the yz cdi. Its a pretty simple mod though.

There is a diagram on www.electrexusa.com website that shows how to do this.

You will also need a voltage regulator for the headlight or you will blow bulbs like crazy. The regulator is only like $20. Call electrex they can set you up with everything ya need. :cry:

• Pothole

Posted September 30, 2004 - 09:35 AM

The instructions for the WR to YZ stator conversion on the Electrex website are for running the Electrex Dual Sport kit...which requires a floating ground for charging a battery. If you just want to run a headlight, the conversion is different because you don't want a floating ground. That has caused alot of confusion for WR to YZ stator conversionists. Basically, all you do is cut the pink wire off the coil on the stator and ground it. If I were you, I'd call Ritzo at Electrex and have him run you through how to do it.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.