YZ450F with WR Lighting coil?

3 replies to this topic
  • RPS

Posted September 29, 2004 - 12:47 PM

Has anyone put the WR stator on a YZ450F? If so was it a bolt on or did it take modifications? I am thinking of taking a YZ450F and putting lights on it. I would get the WR but I don't want the extra weight of the electric start. I know WR's have more flywheel. Is it just from the stator or is there more to it than that?

Roger

• Chipstien

Posted September 29, 2004 - 12:57 PM

When you install a WR stator you will also need to install the WR flywheel. The WR flywheel is heavier and larger in diameter making the mass farther from the center creating more flywheel effect. Not sure if it can be done on a 450 but it works great on a 426. Supposedly the WR flywheel is the equivalent to about a 8 to 10 oz flywheel weight added onto the YZF flywheel.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pothole

Posted September 29, 2004 - 01:10 PM

Hey Chipstien,
Did you notice much difference in the power delivery with that WR flywheel? I just ordered a WR flywheel for my YZ, and I'm going to do the pink-wire mod on an '02 WR stator I have..just wondering.

• Chipstien

Posted September 29, 2004 - 01:43 PM

I didn't really notice any difference in power per se. Only that there is more traction and less wheel spin. Plus I am able to lugg much lower in the tight technical stuff. Definatly a mod I needed for the stuff here in the Cascades. :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.