OOH Baby - 62.5bhp crank & 57.4 at wheel YZ426.....

30 replies to this topic
  • robmorphet

Posted September 29, 2004 - 02:44 AM

Just had my bike dyno'd and guess what!!

57.4 BHP at the back wheel - yeee haarrr!! Anyone else get this from an YZ426 running standard comp.

Still needs jetting though, so even more on tap... was thinking of passing over to the red 450 devils but no more....

See attached pic:
Posted Image
Image of Dyno

:cry:
:cry:

• Jeffro426

Posted September 29, 2004 - 09:26 AM

Surely this isnt a stock motor, stock compression or stock heads?!!? :cry: :cry:

• Satch0922

Posted September 29, 2004 - 11:57 AM

Why would a graph make you decide not to change bikes? I have not idea how much my bike makes and I don't care......the question is can I hang on to the bike wide open....answer...NO.

• chrome-crf

Posted September 29, 2004 - 12:46 PM

I really have a hard time believing that number :cry:. Just to get that much horsepower out of a 450, you need high comp piston, ported head, cam, and race gas :cry:

• robmorphet

Posted September 29, 2004 - 12:52 PM

Surely this isnt a stock motor, stock compression or stock heads?!!? :cry: :cry:

Yep, stock heads (bar 450 cam), compression and block complete. Oh, :cry: did I forget to mention it was run on Fast Foward :cry: :cry: :lol: There's a UK importer over here who's shipping this stuff - and holy cow, how good is it!!!

• robmorphet

Posted September 29, 2004 - 12:56 PM

I really have a hard time believing that number :cry:. Just to get that much horsepower out of a 450, you need high comp piston, ported head, cam, and race gas :cry:

Its genuine. Stock bar 450 cam and power bomb / White Bros E series, oh and fast foward mixed at the low (street) ratio.... Also, its a 426. :cry:

• Satch0922

Posted September 29, 2004 - 02:01 PM

Let us know how long it takes to blow it up.

• Jeffro426

Posted September 29, 2004 - 02:20 PM

Yep, stock heads (bar 450 cam), compression and block complete.

Tryce, chime in ANY time here and tell him differently!!

57 HP!! :cry:

• yz426onNOS

Posted September 29, 2004 - 08:48 PM

No f'ing way! There is no way in hell! Were is the emotion for stroking a 12 foot rod? I have a pretty moded bike and don’t even have that. That’s with 13.5.1, 450 bore, ported and polished, wb tapered head pipe, pro meg silencer, air box mod, pro. tuned, carb mods, and runs on klotz race fuel.

The only way your getting that out of a stock motor is with NOS.

What the hell are you smoking? My suggestion is to turn off your computer and go to sleep, it's past your bed time. Little kids need to be in bed by 8 p.m. and not a second late!

• chrome-crf

Posted September 29, 2004 - 09:03 PM

What is Fast Forward :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz426onNOS

Posted September 29, 2004 - 09:10 PM

What is Fast Forward :cry:

Goggle:

http://www.ceipro.co...end/perfuel.htm

Says it adds 30 h.p. a nitro additive. Looks like it may be NOS.

• robmorphet

Posted September 30, 2004 - 12:16 AM

Its an octane booster, not NOS – nitrous is un-useable in supermoto, its hard enough running a street bike on it (as well as expensive). What IS the point in telling porkies anyway?
We ran two bikes (both compete in the Open (all bikes cc’s etc) British Supermoto, and both YZ426F’s) the same day on the dyno with pre-mixed fuel and both bikes produced 57hp at the back wheel. The dyno is set correct (FUCHS Dyno) the only difference which were told is irrelevant anyway, is the dyno setting: WR not YZ as this is just a wheelbase indicator.

The point of this was to raise the validity of octane boosters - pro’s and cons. Seems that those who dismissed the charts as a joke have missed the point badly.

Why do you have your heads flowed, or maybe increase squish, or blue print the motor? The costs are astronomical compared to the actual HP gain. Even pipes seem daft now - a typical conical titanium system costs us £600 in the UK, for what! 2.4HP (http://www.akrapovic...ine/default.htm) Barking mad.

Which brings me back to the point of why have you got a bee in your bonnet about this – and why dismiss so readily? Not everyone has £000’s to spend on their bikes, chopping in their 04 to buy the very latest ’05 models, just ‘cos it has a silver frame…. Sure it would be nice, but so is an extra 14or so HP at the back wheel for less than a jerry can of juice?

Maybe the flash cash's of this world are upset :cry:

Surely there’s some other TT users who’ve run these pro additives? They're US made.

• mousemeat

Posted September 30, 2004 - 02:17 AM

How does octane-booster get more power out when using the stock compression ratio? Does this stuff have a hotter burn temperature?

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted September 30, 2004 - 03:37 AM

The dyno is set correct (FUCHS Dyno) the only difference which were told is irrelevant anyway, is the dyno setting: WR not YZ as this is just a wheelbase indicator

You need to scale the dyno readings down I think. The wr's gearing has the rear wheel spinning slower for a given rpm relative to the yz. The dyno is thinking the the bike is making more hp than it really is because the yz is spinning the wheel faster than it should be.

• YZDAD1

Posted September 30, 2004 - 03:48 AM

:cry: :cry: :lol: :cry: :cry:........ :cry:

• robmorphet

Posted September 30, 2004 - 04:03 AM

Not being a dyno techie what effect would/could that have on the readings? When we ran the bike on standard fuel and prior to 450 cam it produced 42.8bhp on the same machine, same bike etc) also, using the bike for supermoto it runs 14/42 (and thats what was tested) :cry:

YZDAD, you quote "Easiest 2+ Horsepower you can "pour" right in(verified on the dyno) Used it for a couple years now with ZERO issues.......... " what readings, issues have you had with dyno runs.

• Satch0922

Posted September 30, 2004 - 05:36 AM

Like I said....let us know how long it goes before it implodes!!!!!

• gonzo

Posted September 30, 2004 - 07:00 AM

The bike or the Dyno?

• Satch0922

Posted September 30, 2004 - 07:09 AM

The bike or the Dyno?

LMAO !!! Hey Gonzo...howz the YZ250??? :cry:

• YZDAD1

Posted September 30, 2004 - 08:35 AM

You are reffering to my reply on the thread for the "Ultimate 4" VP race fuel. Yes, no other changes and it was 2+ horsepower on the dyno (and a couple tenths of a second on the stopwatch in a 100 yard dash)As far as dyno issues, the only one that is noticable is getting the rpm signal pickup correct for the type of ignition you are running. I.E.: Coil on plug or conventional, this seems to make the rpm & torque numbers bogus if done incorrectly.By the way, I've modified several bikes and made several dyno runs and have not heard of anything that runs as good as yours with the mods or fuel additives you are using, you may have found the "Holy Grail".... :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.