wr/yz450 skidplate fit 99wr400

3 replies to this topic
  • morgan1

Posted September 28, 2004 - 07:59 PM

I found an aftermarket skid plate/water pump and crankcase guard that will fit a wr/yz450 for thirtey bucks. Will it fit a 99wr400? I can do some modification if necessary. Some bends, re-drill holes ect.. it is made of aluminum so i can not do any welding on it. If I was to pay someone to do the welding I may as well buy the correct plate. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks! :cry: :cry:

• morgan1

Posted September 29, 2004 - 09:38 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stanimal

Posted September 29, 2004 - 07:26 PM

Not sure about the fit, but great price. Guess would be probably not fit.

I went with the White Bros skid plate ($75 @ TT Store) for my WR400. It bolts on easy using the stock mounting points. No clamps to monkey with, and the thing is tuff with good coverage.
Had thought about the Utah Sport Cycles skid plate, but could not confirm "no frame clamps".

Good luck!

• morgan1

Posted September 30, 2004 - 07:50 PM

I'ts not sounding too good. Too bad :cry:. It looks like i'll have to caugh up the extra bucks for the right plate. I have busted my fly wheel cover twice thus far and am sure it won't be the last time. Mabey well see you in the dirt when I'm in Ridgecrest. Thanks for the info :cry: :cry: :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.