HELP!!! Edelbrock Pumper Carb!

8 replies to this topic
  • Keyser_Zoze

Posted March 22, 2002 - 08:45 PM

I love this carb and HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! However, I need to reduce the tension of the throttle pull.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

My cell number is 520 420 2457.

• Matt96xr6

Posted March 22, 2002 - 09:45 PM

Mine was lighter than stock. Check that the cables are not pinched and that you lubed them up with some cable lube.

• Keyser_Zoze

Posted March 23, 2002 - 05:08 AM

Originally posted by Matt96xr6:
Mine was lighter than stock. Check that the cables are not pinched and that you lubed them up with some cable lube.

They are all lubed and fine. It's just stiff. Heavy spring. Is that spring on the outside the only one?

• Matt96xr6

Posted March 23, 2002 - 05:57 AM

the outer spring is the only one. There is also a metal strip on the inside of the car that attaches to the slide and inside wheel. It basically wraps up in there when you pull the throttle.

Contact Edelbrock as in the past they have been very helpful with the carbs. maybe there is a thinner one of those or lighter spring. Otherwise it may just take some time to loosen things up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mntnmissle

Posted March 23, 2002 - 07:45 PM

Jay,
Mine is the same way. Hand cramps deluxe until you get used to it.

• Keyser_Zoze

Posted March 26, 2002 - 06:45 AM

Originally posted by mntnmissle:
Jay,
Mine is the same way. Hand cramps deluxe until you get used to it.

The carb is great but this throttle tension sucks! I like to race hard for 3 hours or so and it's just a drag.

I even disable the stock spring witched help (a bit) but now it doesn't come off of idle smoothly. I'll call the company but I already know I'm going to have to have my machinist friend make a new throttle cam which is slightly bigger. If anyone here is interested let me know by cell 520-420-2457 or email jp70@cableone.net

I'm going to have to have my bike down for over week so I can send the OEM part to him to work off. Thank god for Fedex!

jay

P.S. Got my new "woods cut" pro tapers (chopped 28.5 inches) and my WER STEERING STABILIZER - What a difference!!! Highly recommended.

• maui

Posted March 27, 2002 - 02:40 PM

I am really interested in a quicksilver carb myself.Have you guys had any luck reducing the tension of the throttle pull without manufacturing your own parts? Something is up with this or matt96xr6 would be complaning too.If Edelbrock had a solution could you please post it?Also can anyone tell me if you stall on a fairly steep hill will the bike start right up with the quicksilver carb-the stocker sure wont unless you find more level ground and kick the hell out of it.Lets say I crash on a hill and the bike is upside down for a few minutes-will it fire up?I have the 650r so I was hoping someone who owns the same bike can answer these questions.Thanks in advance.

• Keyser_Zoze

Posted March 27, 2002 - 04:22 PM

Originally posted by maui:
I am really interested in a quicksilver carb myself.Have you guys had any luck reducing the tension of the throttle pull without manufacturing your own parts? Something is up with this or matt96xr6 would be complaning too.If Edelbrock had a solution could you please post it?Also can anyone tell me if you stall on a fairly steep hill will the bike start right up with the quicksilver carb-the stocker sure wont unless you find more level ground and kick the hell out of it.Lets say I crash on a hill and the bike is upside down for a few minutes-will it fire up?I have the 650r so I was hoping someone who owns the same bike can answer these questions.Thanks in advance.

With the Eddie Carb you can throw the bike off a cliff and it will start up on the first kick (second at most). Mine starts up first kick - hot - cold - dumped - trashed - or crashed.

This really isn't an issue as 90% of the time the bike falls over AND IT JUST KEEPS RUNNIN! (Serious. Dead serious. Ask other users).

This was my main concern before the carb as well!

Anymore question feel free to call

my cell is 520 420 2457

jay

P.S. Sorry but I don't have time for a lot of typing. I will have my friend make a differetn cam for the carb unless someone comes up wioth a remedy.

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: jpeters ]

• timsbuell

Posted February 04, 2009 - 08:06 PM

i just installed a new edelbrock on my 05 wr450 and the throttle pull is less then stock by alot.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.