WR Valves. Again?

13 replies to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted September 27, 2004 - 08:02 PM

ThHis thing is great. I brought it in to get the valves adjusted for the second time. It has 2100 miles on it and has been in spec since the day I bought it new. How is this possible? Any motor Ive ever heard of without hydraulic valves would need to be adjusted in 2k miles. Not the W though. Man, this thing is the BEST. I got some good pics from this weekends ride coming soon too. :cry: :cry: :cry:

• SteadyEddy

Posted September 28, 2004 - 04:51 AM

And blue wins again :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 28, 2004 - 07:15 AM

I have posted that they seem to stay in spec up to 3,000 miles. :cry: Try that with a red 4 stroke! :cry:

• Jim_bo

Posted September 28, 2004 - 10:04 AM

I have a KXF 250 and a WR450. I have more valve problems than I can shake a stick at with the green bike, but my blue beast has NO valve problems!!! What does Yamaha know that all the other guys can't figure out??

Jimbo

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted September 28, 2004 - 11:24 AM

SOmebody should post a link to this in the CRF 450 and 250 forums. Get those red riders all pissy about their horrible choice in toys. :cry: :cry: :cry:

You couldn't pay me to own the unreliable CRF's

• 5valve

Posted September 28, 2004 - 12:58 PM

my friends 03 450 with 6250 miles has had no adjustments needed
I race mine 400 and abuse it quite heavy and since I own it 1500 miles its just burning gas, tyres and has oil changed every 625 miles, oil level between min and max, minimal oil consumption
yee haa :cry: last race
act=Attach&type=post&id=385275' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>pic1
pic2
pic3

• SteadyEddy

Posted September 28, 2004 - 01:35 PM

They say over here that the biggest contributing factor to valves becoming seated in to the head is from dusty riding, meaning dirty Air filters.
Maybe our bike maintenance is better on our bikes then theirs........

Nar its just Yamaha, they just kick every ones Butts :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PowerFiend

Posted September 28, 2004 - 06:49 PM

It's all about that 5th valve. :cry: With the 3 intake valves the cam doesn't have to be as aggressive with opening and closing speeds for excellent flow, and thus it is easier on valves.

• alfie

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:06 AM

SOmebody should post a link to this in the CRF 450 and 250 forums. Get those red riders all pissy about their horrible choice in toys. :cry: :cry: :cry:

You couldn't pay me to own the unreliable CRF's

May be you should post it in the orange riders forum as well

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 24, 2004 - 07:44 AM

Everbody knows the Yamaha's have the best motors and the Honda's have the best handling! :cry: I can spend money on the handling to make it better but I dont know how to make a red fourstroke reliable as a blue fourstroke! :cry: The guys on the CRF forums are geniuses. :cry:

• wickedsprint

Posted October 24, 2004 - 08:06 AM

I dont know how to make a red fourstroke reliable as a blue fourstroke! :cry: The guys on the CRF forums are geniuses. :cry:

You don't have to know how, the XR series is pretty commonly accepted as being very reliable. I wonder how the valve intervals compare between the 650R and the WR450s?

• 5valve

Posted October 24, 2004 - 11:22 PM

650r is other category bike, when comparing bikes, the cc is the factor
and still the XR revs only 2/3 the rpms of WR, has less compression and is in all diffrent purpose bike
:cry:
compare

• mousemeat

Posted October 25, 2004 - 03:40 AM

There are a couple things wrong there. I'm not so sure the WR gets 58 hp and i dont think we have 4 pot calipers in the front, and 2 in the back.

• 5valve

Posted October 25, 2004 - 04:50 AM

but in general tha data is correct :cry:
yamaha even states 11.000 rpm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.