Honda Horsepower

4 replies to this topic
  • Roundman

Posted March 22, 2002 - 03:35 PM

Does anyone know the horsepower of 96 XR 600

• Eagle426

Posted March 22, 2002 - 03:52 PM

I believe it is in the upper 30's. I am thinking around 37, because the XR400 is around 31.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mr660

Posted March 22, 2002 - 09:08 PM

eagle 426 knows this because he had a xr400 since 97' then could not handle getting stomped by my 600. so he recently bought the wr426. we have not got togehter to go head to head yet. He is correct with the HP.

96 xr600
thumper racing 660 kit
hrc cam
fmf power cor IV
uni high flow
172 main/70 pilot
proaction susp.

• Eagle426

Posted March 22, 2002 - 09:39 PM

Is it true that the reason you are researching the 41mm Keihin carb is because you are SOMEWHAT concerned that "the new improved Blue Goose" will give your XR660 a run for the money? When I did the BK mod, not only did I set the accelerator pump spray to .33 seconds, but I also set MY TESTOSTERONE spray to change from suicidal to homisidal for .33 seconds as well! YOU KNOW THE FINE LINE THAT SEPARATES BEING OUT OF CONTROL, but thats OK because being able to hold on for 8 seconds makes me happy enough to jump off and throw my hat in the air! Later Cheeser!

• ossagp1

Posted March 24, 2002 - 07:02 PM

Somewhere around here on this site someone posted the old figures from DirtBike when they tested exhausts on them in 1993. A fully baffled xr600 then made about 32 hp like an xr400. Unbaffled they made nearly 37 which was just a little off what most of the accesory pipes made. FYI the best pipe and loudest got it to over 41 hp if my memory serves me.

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  57 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.