HP question.

4 replies to this topic
  • Todd_Hendon

Posted March 20, 2002 - 08:13 AM

Quick question: I have been trying to find some dyno charts for the XR600R for awhile now with no success. Can anyone tell me what the HP rating for the stock XR600R is? Also roughly how much extra HP one could expect by adding aftermarket headers, pipe and opening the air box up a bit. The bike has all the power I need but I am just curious as to how the 600 stacks up to some of the newer 400s.

• qadsan

Posted March 20, 2002 - 08:30 AM

Todd, I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but here's some dyno info for a XR600 that you can add to your collection once you find it for a stock bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Malcom_Dunlevy

Posted March 20, 2002 - 11:01 AM

I have a friend that was thinking about buying a built up XR600. I suggested he take a look at a recent Baja Designs catalog. If I remember correctly, they got something like 34 hp stock from a later 90's xr600 and 37 hp with a pipe, various intake mods, and a rejet. No wonder this thing won't lift the front end with a throttle snap...I'm not dissing the old XR's, I'm just biased by the O2 cooled 650R's.

• Todd_Hendon

Posted March 20, 2002 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the help!.. The info was what I was looking for. Also I had not seen the Honda XR website before... good stuff.

• Woodzi

Posted March 21, 2002 - 10:22 PM

See Dirt Bike, January 1993. They did a comparison of loud and quiet aftermarket pipes.

Stock with baffle 31.5 HP, 36.9 without. Best aftermarket pipe was XR's Only - 41 HP.

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.