Lost my fuel screw - where to get replacement?

13 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted September 27, 2004 - 03:07 PM

Hi everyone,

I lost my air screw and my kouba t handle. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? I looked at the Zipty but 21 bucks seems excessive :cry: Appreciate any help you can give me

Fryboy :cry:

• Fryboy

Posted September 27, 2004 - 03:22 PM

Can anyone help me out with a part #? One of you fiche experts????

thanks
Fryboy

• RichBaker

Posted September 27, 2004 - 05:03 PM

www.yamaha-motor.com go to parts catalog drop-down and go from there.....easy to use and fast.
Or, http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagename=WDVW

I got one of these, nicely made and brass, less chance of breaking the tip off, like the Al ones. :cry:
But you'll still need the spring/washer/oring from the stocker....

• The_Blue_One

Posted September 27, 2004 - 07:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I lost my air screw and my kouba t handle. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? I looked at the Zipty but 21 bucks seems excessive :cry: Appreciate any help you can give me

Fry

I have the stock screw.If you want it it's yours you would still need the spring and oring though.

• CHRIS_SARICH

Posted September 28, 2004 - 03:26 AM

21 bucks! ive got a zipty screw and for the amount of EASY tuning it gives over the stock one their a bargin. For some one who has as many expensive bolt ons on their ride as you have listed 21 bucks sounds good for what u get

• Fryboy

Posted September 28, 2004 - 07:38 AM

Hi everyone,

Fry

I have the stock screw.If you want it it's yours you would still need the spring and oring though.

Thanks Bill :cry: But, if I have to go through the trouble of getting the oring and spring, I might as well order the whole thing.

So let me get this straight, the Zip ty replaces the entire stock FS ? Other than being easy to adjust what else is different from stocker? Nada?

Thanks,
Fryboy

• r_dawg1021

Posted September 28, 2004 - 07:41 AM

Man, I am glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I lost my screw as well and ended up getting the Zip-Ty. The crappy thing is I had to end up paying the $30 for the OEM screw cause I needed the o-ring and spring which unfortunately doesnt come with the Zip-Ty. $60 and weeks later my bike was running :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted September 28, 2004 - 07:43 AM

Man, I am glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I lost my screw as well and ended up getting the Zip-Ty. The crappy thing is I had to end up paying the $30 for the OEM screw cause I needed the o-ring and spring which unfortunately doesnt come with the Zip-Ty. $60 and weeks later my bike was running :cry:

Damn!!!! That is one pricey ass screw. OK BLUE!!! I'll take you up on it bro!!! The o-ring and screw can't be much more. Think the TT store carries them Bill?

Fryboy

• r_dawg1021

Posted September 28, 2004 - 08:11 AM

I checked and a month ago when I had my problem TT didnt carry the o-ring and spring. Would be nice to be able to get that without having to by the screw since you don't need it. I guess that would be too economical though :cry:

• The_Blue_One

Posted September 28, 2004 - 08:37 AM

Damn!!!! That is one pricey ass screw. OK BLUE!!! I'll take you up on it bro!!! The o-ring and screw can't be much more. Think the TT store carries them Bill?

Fryboy

I looked at the yamaha parts fiches and you have to buy the whole screw set to get the spring and o-ring. 3TJ-14105-40-00 is the part number.

Sudco sells them separate.check with them on the price for the spring,washer and o-ring and then pick up a zipty screw or take mine.
http://sudco.com/cat...age 175-177.pdf

Here are the part number for the 3 pieces from sudco.
33. Coil Spring, Pilot Screw
021-041 1290-812-2001
34. O-Ring, Pilot Screw
021-043 16075-KG8-9010-M1
35. Washer, Pilot Screw
021-045 0301-803-2000

• Fryboy

Posted September 28, 2004 - 08:47 AM

You the man Blue Thanks !!!

• Fryboy

Posted September 28, 2004 - 08:56 AM

Ohhh yes much more acceptable... World Of Powersports have them for 24.89. Scorrrre! :cry:

Fryboy

• Fryboy

Posted September 28, 2004 - 09:16 AM

24.89 at WorldofPowersports. But dayyyyum 8 bucks for shipping of a piece that can't weigh more than a gram. That is highway robbery !!!!! Why can't they put it in an envelope and mail it to me for 37 cents???

Fryboy

• Fryboy

Posted September 28, 2004 - 09:48 AM

Sorry to post again on this. I sent email to Powersports and they agreed the pricing was high but that is UPS. He agreed to send the part to me regular mail. Woo hooo!!! Great guys there.

Fryboy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.