Oil filter cover

5 replies to this topic
  • RocaFellaRanger

Posted September 27, 2004 - 11:43 AM

I fell last ride pretty hard and put a slight gash in my oil filter cover. Its not deep where the oil leaks out, but it seems to drip slightly and leave a film. My question is, I can't find a part number for the cover(I checked the fiche on Ronayers & ServiceHonda and theres nothing for XR600's) Anybody know if the Xr650L cover will work on my XR600? :cry: I assume it will since they share alot of the same parts, but I want to make sure. Also, I was planning on riding on Thursday/Friday. For a quick temp. fix, could I use some JB weld or something to stop the dripping :cry: Or am I going to have to go a week without riding :cry:

• Chorbelt

Posted September 27, 2004 - 12:21 PM

looks like it'll work.
Try this link:

http://www.powerspor...sfish/login.asp

:cry:

• BIGGITY

Posted September 27, 2004 - 12:22 PM

Get a new bike. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HeadTrauma

Posted September 27, 2004 - 12:37 PM

The 650L cover is the same. If it isnt leaking that bad now, then prep it and put a little JB on there. It will probably hold for a litle while. Other option is to have someone weld it, but that would probably cost about as much as a new one.

• RocaFellaRanger

Posted September 27, 2004 - 01:05 PM

I figured they were the same. Thats good to know. I'll order a new one tomorrow, but I'll try the JB weld for Thursday.

Get a new bike. :cry: :cry:

Oh, thats comming soon :cry: BTW, at least I don't crash as much as you :cry:

• BIGGITY

Posted September 27, 2004 - 01:35 PM

yeah yeah, I'm putting on some Acerbis Bark Busters so I don't keep snapping levers though!! + I picked up a headlight and a tailight so now we don't have to worry about the dark anymore. Bummer you can't make it to KM. We'll hook up when we get back. Maybe we should try a Rowher Flats trip or some other new place.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.