Rear shock tuning

2 replies to this topic
  • das_sey

Posted September 27, 2004 - 09:28 AM

I have an 03 WR450. I just put a stiffer rear spring on. Took it to the track for test ride. Everything is good except on whoops, where the rear is getting thrown from side to side. On the larger jumps, everything is fine. Can some tell me what I might need to do and where the adjustments are.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jerryls

Posted September 27, 2004 - 03:30 PM

When I put in a bigger spring (5.6) I had to slow down the rebound (turn the rebound screw in clockwise). I think I'm at 4 or 5 clicks out. Seems to work okay, but a revalve would make it even better.

Here's a guide:

• chipwich

Posted September 27, 2004 - 07:19 PM

i concur. add rebound damping one click at a time until the swapping/kicking abates. use the stock setting as a baseline and work in from there. one click goes a long way with rebound.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.