Blue Smoke @ Start up *DELETED*

5 replies to this topic
  • AzXr628

Posted September 27, 2004 - 07:21 AM

Post deleted by AzXr628

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted September 27, 2004 - 10:22 AM

Is it doing this upon start up "every" morning?? Or when it's had the chance to cool for long periods?

I hope you answer "no" to this and it's only happened the one time.

If you're a "yes"... then there is some issues that will need to be addressed very soon. Some of the more qualified "engine" gurus can help you with those issues.

:cry:

• AzXr628

Posted September 27, 2004 - 02:49 PM

no at first it was very heavy smoke,today it is not as bad,but it still smoking

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JohnnyAirtime

Posted September 27, 2004 - 06:08 PM

My guesses;

Try adjusting the valves just to be sure... then if there's smoke (blue smoke) when you ride or when it's first started... like in the morning, or when it's cooled and sat for a while, it could be rings... (or???)

My bike had a ring issue, as well as a messed up crank. But I tortured my bike back in the day. So my problems came from many dumb arse things... Not sure about yours.

I'm surprised you haven't gotten any replies yet from the Gurus on the site. Come on guys... help him out!

• XRMANU

Posted September 27, 2004 - 10:49 PM

Worn valve stem seals/piston rings or to mutch oil?

• AzXr628

Posted September 29, 2004 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for the replies.All good.But as the saying goes check the nut behind the wheel (in this case the handle bars)When using a uni filter DONT use K&N Oil it is to thin and sucks throught an makes smoke.took the filter off cleaned the throut to the carb no smoke :thinking:another mystery solved :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.