Cold start problem.

4 replies to this topic
  • per_s

Posted September 27, 2004 - 06:58 AM

Hello,
I crashed a month ago and now I'm ready to jump back up in the saddle.
I washed the dirt off the bike and then I wanted to start the bike prior to adjusting the bars, decomp and the clutch that was moved out off position after the crash.

My problem was that the bike that usually starts on my first or second kick didn't want to start at all. After some twenty kicks or so (like an hour later) it ignited twice with five or so kicks inbetween. Still no start. After a few more kicks I had a exhaust bang, that happened three times.
What kind of problem do I have?
I do not use waterplug for the exhaust but I try to be careful with my waterhose.
Anyone...

:cry:

• Bryan47

Posted September 27, 2004 - 07:54 AM

I'd start with the simple stuff first...try replacing the spark plug. It may look fine, but alot of times that cures the problem. Good luck! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yathump

Posted September 27, 2004 - 08:33 AM

Definitely change the plug first, sounds like thats the problem.

• YZRIDER1127

Posted September 27, 2004 - 06:29 PM

I know they already said it but I just had that happen to me yesterday. Its the plug.

• b-bike

Posted September 27, 2004 - 09:38 PM

Ya... and don't do what I just did. I put a brand new plug in my bike, then, Kicked and kicked and kicked. Yes it did start but after getting back to the garage I looked at the box the plug came in and realized I put the wrong plug in. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dang I hate doing things twice. :cry:

Boyd

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.