triple clamps

5 replies to this topic
  • dustin_j_mcbride

Posted March 17, 2002 - 05:50 AM

I just got my tax return yesterday and started searching the web for what I could buy for my 2001 XR400. I am leaning twards triple clamps. I can get top and bottom clamps from fmf for $136. (they are on sale I guess?) Does anyone have these on there bike? Does it help the front end out at all? Any info would be great thanks

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted March 17, 2002 - 06:05 AM

Sorry I can't help, just wondering where you are at in Washington. I am in Camas, near Portland, but sometimes travel to NE Washingon. Maybe we can hook up if you are near. Ryan

• dustin_j_mcbride

Posted March 17, 2002 - 06:31 AM

I live in Sequim Washington on the olympic pennisula. It would be great to hook up and ride with ya. I have an aunt that lives in camas.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terrain Rider 4z

Posted March 17, 2002 - 08:22 AM

Sequim is an interesting place. We are riding the Fun Run up at Capitol. Are you going? There will be a group of us from Vancouver/Portland. How do you like the Vortip? Much difference from stock? I just ordered a Hot Tip and have changed from a Supertrapp back to stock. My recommendation on the triple clamp is spend money on Gold Valves first, or have you? They make a world of difference. Ryan

• dustin_j_mcbride

Posted March 23, 2002 - 05:46 AM

when is the ride at capital? I might go. I will check on the gold valves. thanks.. the vortip did seem to help the power out a little bit, and I dont think that it is as loud as other pipes out there

• Matt96xr6

Posted March 23, 2002 - 06:23 AM

Well if you do not have a fork brace, do that first. That seems to be one of the best front end mods.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.