Help...front bearings :-)

1 reply to this topic
  • Slow_Poke

Posted March 11, 2002 - 01:28 PM

Picked up a 96 xr 600 not long ago and the front bearings went out this afternoon. I have a big ride planned for this coming saturday and need help. Called the Honda shops and they said they could order the bearings but thats no help for this saturday. A friend mentioned that i could probaly find the bearings cheaper and in stock at a bearing company but i would still be screwed because i would still need the seals. I guess the seals are destroyed when you take out the old bearings or something. Any help out there in internet land? Thanks in advance....Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Woodzi

Posted March 12, 2002 - 06:21 AM

The bearings are a standard size so they are readily available. They should cost less than $10 ea. You should be able to remove the seals without damaging them. Buy sealed bearings for extra protection.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.