PAJ

6 replies to this topic
  • itsjoshufocker

Posted September 26, 2004 - 09:13 PM

To simulate the YZF exactly you have to change the PAJ to 100 and close the circuit (remove the spring pushing in diaphragm). As such, the PAJ change leans the bike and the closed circuit richens it.

what the hell is a PAJ? how do i chage it to 100? SOMEBODY HELP cuz i dont know all these technical terms!! :cry:

----------------------------
2004 wr450f

• bikepilot

Posted September 27, 2004 - 12:13 AM

Pilot Air Jet

• chipwich

Posted September 27, 2004 - 02:44 AM

just curious, why would someone with a wr want to get a yz-like power delivery when so many of them are trying to get wr power? i haven't ridden one, but according to the riding press, the yz hits too hard. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted September 27, 2004 - 04:07 AM

PAJ is in the front of your carb at the bottom of the air intake that slides into the air box boot. Look at you carb from the air box viewpoint and you will see a small hole with a brass jet on the end face. That is your PAJ. :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted September 27, 2004 - 06:06 AM

just curious, why would someone with a wr want to get a yz-like power delivery when so many of them are trying to get wr power? i haven't ridden one, but according to the riding press, the yz hits too hard. :cry:

once you get it jetted more like the yz its like the best of both worlds. the milder cam helps with traction but yet you still have that out of control power on tap if needed! the people that put the yz cams in a wr are the ones that should be examined by a professional :cry: :cry:

• itsjoshufocker

Posted September 27, 2004 - 07:53 PM

ohh thanks guys! but now.. what is the stock PAJ setting and how do i change it to 100?????

• mtrablue

Posted September 27, 2004 - 07:59 PM

read your manual.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.