Burned my Clutch in first Lap of Race

5 replies to this topic
  • Baycrosser

Posted September 26, 2004 - 08:23 PM

In Saturdays Race in wet and muddy conditions my clutch totaly broke down on a slight uphil section.
Thought my tires spins withoput traction or got a flat .
But as far as I shifted up to 4th and still no traction I rcogniced what happend.
Man that sucks 5 month old and in the worst moment at the beginning of a 2 hour race that sh.... happend. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just took it apart.
The clutch case is very "ruted" at the back.
Did you guys it is necesary to put a new clutch case in there too or just replace the steel and rubbing discs?? :cry: :cry:

• SureBlue

Posted September 26, 2004 - 08:44 PM

Sorry to hear, I never had clutch problems with my 426 or 450. Silly questions: did you have enough clutch freeplay? What oil do you use? Maybe you simply broke down your clutch, mine keeps a rattlin noise on high gear/low rpm's, but they say it's normal. Is it?

• Baycrosser

Posted September 26, 2004 - 11:11 PM

Yes think the freeplay was the prob. got very small one since the beginning.
BTW. Congrats to your fellow Countryman Simo Kirrsi for winning the Championchip Series yesterday. And a car worth 30k Euros
That was the series i was in too :cry:

Link to race

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted September 27, 2004 - 10:25 AM

Thanks Baycrosser, Simo is a talented guy, I did not know he had won the series, good for him. The prizes in MX (outside USA) are usually soooo modest, this was a good one. My friend has Simo's practice bike from 2003, 525 SX. It had black plastics when he ran KTM in Germany. :cry:

• MxHuggy

Posted September 28, 2004 - 05:04 AM

FYI... The first place prize for winning an AMA National here in the states is only $1550 (US). These guys are making their money from the sponsors. I feel bad for some of the guys that are privateers and win very little if any money for a top 20 finish.

• SureBlue

Posted September 28, 2004 - 09:57 AM

Yes Huggy, I'm real pissed this sports is so overlooked compared with so many other sports where you easily become a millionaire if you are even a bit talented, say like golf, hockey, basketball, football... shall I go on? :cry: :cry:

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.