Big Bore Kit for XR600

3 replies to this topic
  • tuts

Posted March 10, 2002 - 11:35 PM

i have heard several things....
what exactky does 628? big bore kit entail?
thanks

• Matt96xr6

Posted March 11, 2002 - 06:04 AM

YOu will need to bore the cylinder, install the sleeve and piston. The HRC usually comes with a cam and new jets.

It is cheaper to go to a 660 kit these days. About 1/3 the price of the HRC 628 kit

http://www.bajadesig...Code=XR600-Acce

[ March 12, 2002: Message edited by: Matt96xr6 ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ossagp1

Posted March 11, 2002 - 10:48 PM

WOW,,Idon't know where matt is getting his pistons, but I need to know!!

Anyway, I was thinking if I ever did it again, instead of using a sleeve I would send it off to either RPM or Ericgorr and get them to bore and replate instead of sleeve. the plating works so good on stock and two stroke big bores i would like to try it on a 4stroke.

In short you will need a manual and probably take your engine out of the frame. It isnt that hard really.

• Victor_Venturo

Posted March 17, 2002 - 06:37 PM

The real 628 kit that was used for racing was very expensive. The big boost came from high compression piston and bigger cam and taller gearing that was all part of the kit from Honda raceing. It was hard to start but very fast.
A lower compression bigger bore setup for pump gas and easy starting might be better for a play fun bike. If your cams are good then a new pistin and rings will make a lot more power on an older engine for under $200.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.