jetting after exhaust and throttle stop screw, grey wire

3 replies to this topic
  • rickmiester

Posted September 26, 2004 - 03:54 PM

2004 wr450 made these mods and now the bike runs alot better but without riding it only twisting throttle in the garage found that a quick twist of the throttle seemed to bog down , i am about 400 ft elevation ride sometimes in the area of 400 too 6000 ft in the sierras, first ride was this weekend and came home to make these changes and noticed the problem thanx much.

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 26, 2004 - 04:12 PM

Dont do jetting test in your garage! Get out on the trails and tell us what happens. The engine has to be good and hot with a live load on it not just running on a stand. :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rickmiester

Posted September 26, 2004 - 06:46 PM

thanks il try that , going next week il bring my jets with me , it seems like it has a lot more power just a bog just of idle the rest as i can tell is good , but your right now try it first thanx.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted September 27, 2004 - 06:10 AM

I dont know what your current setting are, you dont list them but most start out here and adjust from there,
45-48PJ
168-170MJ
stock PAJ
#3-#4 on needle clip position
1-1/2-1-3/4 Pilot screw

should also note these are for poeple who have installed after market exhaust and other mods.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.