XR720? Whatttt?!

7 replies to this topic
  • DR.Zaius

Posted March 03, 2002 - 05:00 PM

I've heard that someone has a 720 kit for the XR650. Is this true? Dear lord man, that would be insane. I have a drz, and soon to be an XR650; if this is true I'll have to get that! If not, are there any other XR650 big bore kits? :)

• trivial

Posted March 03, 2002 - 06:18 PM

dont know why you would need one! There is always the HRC kit...not a bigger bore though. This thing uncorked is...a beast.

• Chorbelt

Posted March 04, 2002 - 05:18 AM

This was a kit for the xr650l, one of the print rags did a article about it a couple of years ago.

[ March 04, 2002: Message edited by: Chorbelt ]

• COrider

Posted March 04, 2002 - 10:16 PM

I have seen a 730 Big Bore on a XR650R when I was shoping for my current bike. It was used by either Scott Summers (before he quit) or Johnny Cambel as a practice bike. Unless you are planing on riding aboe 20,00 feet or doing about 130 through Baja, why in the hell would you want it? You are drastically reducing the overall reliability of the bike. The uncorked 650R has about all the power you would ever need.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DR.Zaius

Posted March 04, 2002 - 04:29 PM

I know. I probably could never find a spot to give it more than 1/3 throttle. I get the chills just thnking about it! I read the XR650 test on off-road.com and they said the uncorked version made 12 more horsepower! :) Holy sh*t, that is a big jump. I can't wait to get the bike!

• bork

Posted March 08, 2002 - 06:39 AM

have a 94 xr600r. Everyone keeps talking about uncorking the 650 and getting appx 12 hp. Can an a 94 - 600 get uncorked? and have the same drastic increase?

• terryhotshoe

Posted March 08, 2002 - 10:00 PM

NO the new xr650r has an intake manifold that is very small the first thing you do to the bike is throw it away and buy the larger one then add bigger jets and throw away some boots ect in the air box!It was made that way so it would pass ca smog!!Your bike aready has a normal intake manifold.Theres not much you can do but put a pipe on it or make the bore larger sorry. terry.

• ossagp1

Posted March 08, 2002 - 11:40 AM

The XR600 did not have as much mandated resrticition on it. However you can buy 12 hp more for it as well. Honda's own powerup kit is a good place to start for that.

I know it is human nature, but motorcyclists of all people should know better than to ask why when someone wants an engine with more power. Why bore anyone with the negatives? If a person wants power they want power. Doesn't have to be a reason, hell if there did have to be we wouldnt be able to justify motorcycles at all.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.